|Reed Gelzer||Trustworthy EHR and Registry Clearinghouse|
|Kurt Allen||Eir Solutions|
- Record this call
- Agenda review
- Agenda for September Virtual WGM
- Review the mission and roadmap of CIMI with Grahame Grieve
- Overarching Goal: Enable plug-and-play FHIR Interoperability
- Current Mission Statement: Improve the interoperability of healthcare systems through shared implementable clinical information models.
- Proposed new focus for CIMI (FHIR Profile Working Group?): Assist in making FHIR profiles consistent and interoperable across FHIR IGs
- Review FHIR profiles in existing IGs and if inconsistencies are found, work with IG authors to reconcile the differences
- Help to create a documented process, including supported by tooling, to make it easy for people to:
- interoperable profiles
- reuse interoperable profiles that already exist
- For current and future work on Vital Signs, Pain Assessment, Skin and Wound Assessment, Laboratory Results, etc., current CIMI members would work as members of existing working groups (OO, PC, CIC, CQI, CDS, etc.)
- Questions for discussion
- Is this new direction of value to the community?
- Are one or more groups already working on this? If so, can CIMI join with those groups?
- Additional Considerations
- The new CIMI would be a horizontal cross cutting working group
- A comprehensive common logical model has been a difficult challenge
- John Donnelly - cross reference of models. CIMI is best as a horizontal service.
- Susan Matney - the details of how clinical data should be represented are not all known. We could help in this area.
- Mark Kramer - good resources for modeling, terminology, thinkers. Need to provide value to FHIR. Horizontal - cross cutting interests. Verticals - labs, pharmacy, orders, observations, ontology, etc. Critical mass - CIMI is too small. Modeling and methodology, conformance.
- Seth - help with the consistency and interoperability of clinical data using FHIR profiles
- Claude - achieve interoperability on top of FHIR, and well defined APIs that developers can implement
- " FHIR profiling work group"?
- Horizontal group and cross cutting groups
- Use of Profile WG generated profiles is not mandatory
- Focused on a high degree ("real") interoperability - profile consistency across domains
- Create need tools
- Macro FSH,
- Profile compare tool
- CIMI may merge with one or more other groups
- Need to investigate what Modeling and Methodology does
- We would work with within other WGs for IGs like Vitals, Pain, Skin and Wound, etc.
- Lack of resources will be a challenge
- Bootstrap to demonstrate value and generate support
- Pick a limited subdomain like lab as a first project
- Have a kickoff meeting and make a wide communication and invitation
- Pull profiles out of IGs and compare
- Find inconsistencies between profiles in different IGs
- Invite representatives from WGs to the profiling WG
- May lead to changes in how IGs are developed, selection of profiles from a library of FHIR profiles
- Stan to invite Graham to meet with CIMI
- Second meeting with broader set of HL7 and FHIR leadership
- As appropriate, meet with other WGs to gauge their support
- " FHIR profiling work group"?
- Next week: Demo of Applicadia Quadragraph - Richard