Versions Compared

Key

  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

...

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
    • Paul adds two topics
    • Moves to approve agenda
  • Minutes from 2020-07-15 FMG Agenda/Minutes
    • MOTION to accept: Lloyd/Brian Pech
    • VOTE: Brian Post abstains; remaining in favor
  • Action items
  • Review Items
    • Outcome Criteria Framework IG Proposal
      • Lloyd: It's not clear in the long description who is supposed to implement this and what workflow it supports. 
        • MOTION to approve with the recommendation that they supplement the long description to indicate who is the target implementation audience: Lloyd/Paul
        • Discussion: They will need special permission to do a comment-only ballot
        • VOTE: All in favor
    • Backporting R5 Subscriptions to R4 as an Implementation Guide PSS
      • Gino Canessa describes project
      • Change security risk to "no" - no executables will be involved
      • A dependency on R5 is listed. There won't be an R5 in January so that dependency should be removed.
      • Remove Argonaut from 6d - material has been developed on FHIR-I calls
      • Will need an IG proposal 
        • MOTION to approve with corrections: Lloyd/Paul
        • VOTE: All in favor
    • PSS for FHIR Implementation Guide for Transfusion and Vaccination Adverse Event Reporting
      • Jean here to represent the project
      • There is external content - Jean will take to ARB
        •  Anne Wizauerto look into clarifying FHIR Project Note on PSS - only applies to FHIR core spec work
      • MOTION to approve: Lloyd/Hans
      • VOTE: All in favor
    • KSA Healthcare Financial Services Implementation Guide PSS
      • Paul describes the project
      • Is an affiliate project coming through a WG 
      • Discussion over balloting a jurisdictional item using HL7 machinery. Will it be published by HL7 International? Paul states it can be. Discussion over balloting and publishing material from other realms. 
      • Paul will make the International Council aware of this work
        • MOTION to approve: Lloyd/Paul
        • VOTE: All in favor
  • Discussion Topics
    • CARIN Blue Button short tag 
      • Paul states that when the CARIN IG went to ballot last, they had named their guide CARIN Blue Button. Blue Button is a trademarked term so they had to use a different name to go to ballot. The short name for the guide was created as CARINBB, however. ONC has approved alternate naming schemes such as using parentheticals to disconnect the name and the trademark. All references to CARIN Blue Button will have to be removed. In addition, all of their artifacts begin with the project name CARIN; TSC/ARB has directed them to remove CARIN from the names. Finally, references to the CARINBB short name will have to be cleaned up. Lloyd notes that project names do appear in the canonical URLs. 
      • Paul asks that CARINBB be changed to CARINCDPDS. Grahame notes that we don't have a process for renaming. We treat them as permalinks. Lloyd notes that there is no copyright on "BB." Grahame: We could scrub and republish, or break off the history and call it a new IG. 
    • Changes to IG before JIRA tickets are approved
      • Paul notes that CARIN has made changes to the IG before tickets have been voted on and approved. Material changes have been made to profiles or vocabulary. Is there tooling which would allow us to compare the changes to make sure the changes are tied to JIRA tickets? Grahame is looking into making that available by the next release. MK: Is it okay to pre-apply changes that haven't been voted on by the WG? Lloyd: Typos/grammar don't require WG vote. Substantive changes must have a tracker item. You can apply the changes before the tracker is approved and mark it pre-applied. Melva: Where does this guidance exist? Lloyd reports it's in the section on managing JIRA feedback. Managing Specification Feedback
    • Brian Pech departs
    • Discussion of the use/management of Zulip
      • Melva has been working on decision trees for tooling. Listserves are problematic for announcements due to email issues. Looked into using Zulip. Appears that anyone can create a stream and it's often unclear what they're intended for. Could we develop guidance around using Zulip to improve it? Wayne: Need to figure out a way to get important messaging out through the Zulip chat stream and make it a formal channel. Would possibly integrate with listserve as well. Grahame: There are various tooling options for doing that. But anyone can create a stream. There is an announcements channel where anyone can post. Currently over 12,000 people following announcements. We could create product specific announcement channels for V2 and CDA. Lloyd: Maybe there should be an HL7 Announcements channel for people who want to follow HL7 process. Could make it a stream where only admins can post.
      • Melva: Is there a way to require a description on a new stream so people can figure out what it's about? Will look into that as well as 
      • Project proposals on Zulip
        • Grahame: The current text is the wrong text - it's not about the project. Melva will look at what the text is for the project proposal announcements.
    • FHIR Confluence Space
      • Melva displays a new FHIR space she's been working on
      • Everyone loves it!
      • Will need help updating some of the content
    • FHIR R4B Options and Considerations
      • Reviewed options
      • Group to discuss on Zulip for further review next week
      • Carry forward
    • How to handle joint sessions for September virtual WGM
      • Carry forward

...