Page tree

Versions Compared

Key

  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

...

  • HL7 Process updates – New pre-PSS process, September WGM, Connectathons
    • Covered most of this content at the Co-chair webinar last week
      • Will be having co-chair webinars on a regular basis - are recorded
      • Project Proposals - new process
        • not intended to make the approval process longer
        • announcement of the intent of moving forward with new work
        • way to look for a sponsor
        • will feed into PSS process - which will be a consensus review
        • ACTION: Melva will send out the link to the PSS Proposal page and How to Documents
      • Guidelines for use of tools
        • Decision trees for which tools to use
        • when to use Confluence vs JIRA; Communication Tools - Zulip vs List Serve
        • focusing on this area over the next month
      • September WGM
        • There will be a virtual meeting and connectathon as well as plenary meeting
        • need to figure out exactly what the meetings will look like
        • Connectathon will be before the WGM
        • WGM same dates as originally scheduled
  • Status of Program Plans
    • Deadline - no later than the end of August for publishing
    • ACTION: re-send program plan template out
  • Future Update Webinars 
    • Co-chair meeting will be held monthly going forward
      • Will include Accelerators in the invite
      • Will be at 4pm Eastern - to bring in international Co-chairs
    • There will be a general membership webinar - general announcements
      • by the end of June
      • may invite Accelerators to give updates 
  • Connectathon plans and planning
    • planning do Wednesday through Friday before WGM in line with WGM
    • Are there other connectathons planned?
      • FHIR Community Calendar - http://www.hl7.org/FHIRCommunityEvents/
        • looking to capture events going on
      • concerns that connectathons are being scheduled too close to the WGM Connectathon - which make make it so participants have to choose between this one vs the HL7 Connectathon
    • Lessons learned based on Virtual Connectathon
      • will change the framework of how we operate these - may be beginning of August before this is ready
    • Concerns if group doesn't want to collaborate in a connectathon with HL7
    • Purpose for Connectathon - Viet
      • would be great to coordinate with Carin and Argonaut on Patient Access API theme
      • help people trying to implement and understand what is in IG
      • mostly about helping people to understand rather than getting feedback
      • Looking at late July/early August
      • focus on what is include in final rule
      • will include consumer and provider focus
      • will do education as well as technical connectathon activities
    • Argonaut - no Connectathons planned
    • CMS will not be doing a Connectathon - daVinci was waiting for CMS to announcement of what they were planning
    • HL7 Patient Access API - 
      • may require a request for using HL7 trademark - quick process to get approval for use of trademark
      • Viet things this would be an HL7 sponsored Connectathon
      • Wayne - need to consider capacity to handle this
        • may not be a drain on FHIR community, but there are resource requirements that need to be considered
        • minimize overlaps and conflicts
      • Viet will work on defining and will provide more information
      • Evelyn - could this be positioned as pre-connectathon testing?
        • Viet - would provide a discussion of technical issues as part of each call
          • gives time for groups to look at things (like security) that are required for a Connectathon
          • focus on final rule - Gravity is not included in the final rule
          • Would focus on established implementation guides - FHIR naive community
            • sessions with Use Case Leads and FHIR IG Developers - talk about IGs, reference implementations, jump into pre-connectathon testing
          • Revenue for HL7
          • ACTION: Viet will provide additional detail to this group - without any commitment
            • provide tentative dates to help determine HL7 capacity
  • IG issues we need to coordinate
    • Viet - what IGs have cross over and need collaboration/coordination
      • how to get feedback to US Core data for interoperability 
      • limit profile proliferation
    • Evelyn
    • Micky - Argonaut
      • subscriptions work that overlapped with daVinci
      • work this year - may not be overlap
        • granular controls
        • patient lists - Eric Haas and Josh Mandel
        • Bulk FHIR - working on operational issues that have been identified
          • some payers may be implementing
          • Wayne - Boston Children's will be sending out a survey on adoption in next month or so
            • originally ONC request for IG for bulk data import - was deferred
            • survey will be send out to those who participated in meetings
              • need to figure out who else should be involved
        • Token intraspection
          • in the ONC rule
          • will be asking the Steering Committee to see if they want to add this as a mini project
      • working to get Argonaut moved over from Wiki to Confluence
  • Coordinate on public meetings
    • FHIR Community Calendar 
    • Data Quality Summit in July - daVinci related discussions - data for quality measures
      • Wayne asked Viet to provide information to Zulip stream so this event can be included in Calendar
  • Vulcan Update
    • Progress made on the Vulcan Accelerator
    • Waiting on SOU
    • Conveyor - TransCelerate
    • no press release until SOU is signed by everyone
    • discussion on adding additional language to SOU 
    • active work on Use Cases underway
    • Viet is on Steering Committee
    • Don't know who is going to do Program Management
    • Viet will be doing a presentation on Program Management
      • Will need a lot of eduction on FHIR
        • Use cases are broad!
  • New Gravity Technical Director
    • Bob Dieterle will be new Technical Director
      • currently transitioning from Lisa Nelson
      • AMA will complete FHIR IG development
      • FHIR strategy might change
      • Doing a lot of terminology work - not the same for new terminology in medical space - need to figure out how to scale
        • need to figure out how to do this at a lower cost
    • 3 use cases - tested 1st use case for screening questionnaire
      • tested all of the transactions
    • need to engage with rest of Accelerators
    • didn't have right system actors in testing
      • want for September Connectathon a large EHR
        • need help to get them to table
      • need HIE at the table (previously participated as observers)
    • how do we engage industry players?
      • Viet - develop strategies for Accelerators that don't have funding base to get implementers to get up to speed
      • Evelyn - spend a lot of time describing why they should be at the table 
        • more robust training and education
        • use of FHIR beyond clinical data exchange
      • Wayne - community may not need to know about FHIR
        • Evelyn - don't use EHR
          • it is a new world
          • data model that are used - are different - not standardized or coded
          • trying to harmonized across different systems
          • Project Unify - project to align National Electronic Model (NEM) to FHIR
            • NEM was established for law enforcement and not healthcare
  • May Connectathon results
    • Feedback has been provided by some Accelerators
    • Care Coordination Track - had over 60 participants
      • liked the ability to the connect the dots between FHIR IG
      • opportunity to have a combined track across a common use case for September
      • Viet - thematic days

Action Items

  •  Melva Petersto send out information and links to Project Proposals
  •  Melva Peters to send link to Program Plan template and instructions
  •  Viet Nguyen to send information about possible event around Patient Access API to this group
  •  Everyone reminded to send information on upcoming events to David Johnson (webmaster@hl7.org) to be posted in FHIR Community Calendar

...