Page tree

Versions Compared

Key

  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Attendees:

NameOrganizationAttended
Micky TripathiArgonautx
Katiya ShellGravityx
Viet NguyendaVincix
Steve BrattCodexx
Ryan HowellsCARIN Alliancex
Wayne KubickHL7 CTOx
Chuck JaffeHL7 CEOx
Karen van HentenryckHL7x
Austin KreislerHL7 - TSC Chairx
Melva PetersHL7x


Agenda

  • FHIR Accelerator Home on Confluence
  • FHIR Connectathon Calendar
  • Accelerator Support - Ken's Role

Meeting Notes

  • Support for Accelerators
    • Micky described the original intent to have a single navigator from HL7 to allow accelerators to check in with HL7 and provide project alignment and coordination advice
    • Ken McCaslin was in this role
    • each of the Accelerators has put someone into this role that is familiar with HL7
    • Question of whether the process facilitator is still needed going forward
    • Ryan identified that there are still issues in understanding processes and in some cases are getting incorrect answers from Work Groups
      • still need this role, but not sure about the frequency and timing of meetings
      • terminology assistance may be needed
      • They need a process so they can get help when they need it
    • Wayne suggested that it may not be one role, but a combination of roles that can provide advice on different things - process, terminology, connectathons
    • Austin suggested there may still be a need for help with onboarding
    • Will continue to review what is needed
  • Review of Accelerator Home Space - FHIR Accelerator Home
    • Re-organization has been done to make it easier to find information
    • There is a button on the top of the page to allow anyone to add requests for updates to the page
    • Have been suggesting that HL7 Work Group co-chairs review the page as there is useful information on it
  • Program Plan
    • Suggested that a high level program plan be created for each Accelerator to give Work Groups visibility into projects that may come their way
    • a template in Confluence has been created and are asking each Accelerator to create an annual program plan
    • discussion of where it should be posted - FHIR Accelerator page vs on Accelerator Space (in public facing space) with a link from the FHIR Accelerator Home
    • Melva and Wayne to discuss and send out details on next steps
  • FHIR IG Timeline
    • generic timeline was created
    • Viet suggested that a timeline with specific dates for next ballot cycle be created
      • Melva will work on and post
  • FHIR Community Events
  • Support for mailing lists, CRM - Steve Bratt
    • discussion of what Accelerators are using and what can be provided by HL7
    • Need for accessible reports to show who's signed up for listservs
    • Wayne indicated there is work underway to look at ways provide guidelines and best practices for how best to communicate - so we use the same tools consistently on similar scenarios
    • can create a Accelerator List serveListserve (or project-level Listserv), but need to sort out being able to schedule calls through the conference center
  • Common Connectathon - Viet
    • There may be an opportunity to share resources for Accelerator Connectathons
    • Calendar may help to identify opportunities
    • May want to schedule Accelerators should post potential other connectathons to new FHIR Community Calendar in case other Accelerators would also want to pool resources and participate or schedule special joint connectathons
  • Common location for Reference Implementations - Ryan
    • daVinci uses Github Repository
      • also contract with Logical for sandboxes
    Terminology
      • consider partnering with Logica or others (Boston Children's CHIP) for sandboxes
      • Need to consider what's necessary to qualify FHIR implementations for organizations or states (a topic to discuss with ONC Inferno team)
  • Terminology challenges are increasing; may need to identify terminology facilitators to help with these issues

Next Meeting

  • June 8th at 1pm Eastern
  • Karen will send out invite for the 2nd Monday of each month