Versions Compared

Key

  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

...

  • Record this call
  • Agenda review
  • Meeting with AMA, discussion about device vs. measurementDeviceExt - Nathan Davis
    • Suggested solution for now
      • Need a codeable device and the observation.device (reference). This will be available as a choice in R5.
      • We can precoordinate device and qualifiers (e.g. manual with adult cuff)
    • We can make corrections as new use cases might require
  • Call schedule
    • Do we want to cancel on March 12 (HIMSS)?
      • We will keep the meeting for now
  • Planning for upcoming ballots in September
  • Discussion about Connectathons - Susan Matney
      Strategy for what content to ballot, all models, or just important patterns? - Stan Huff
      • Planning for May Connectathon: Vital signs, Wound assessment
      • Questions for HL7
        • Do we need to test all attributes in the resource or profile?
      • Besides knowing the structure is appropriate we need have some way of verifying that the clinical content covers the domain of interest
    • Updates on a number of different fronts - Kurt and Richard
      • Have made good progress on the high level model (template) for things like breast radiology, anatomic pathology, etc.
      • Mark - may want to use abstract profile for some items (take up this topic in some "next" meeting)
        • Quantitative lab, coded lab, panel, etc. (helper labs, patterns)
        • Also show examples of specific patterns
        • Also show the tables for detailed content
      • Next week we will do a deep dive on high level structures - Richard and Kurt
    • Review of CIMI sessions at Sydney
      • Orders and Observations
        • FHIR Body Site Data Type - https://confluence.hl7.org/display/OO/OO+WGM+Meeting+Minutes%3A+February+4+-+7%2C+2020#OOWGMMeetingMinutes:February47,2020-Q3.1
          • Motion to recommend to FHIR-I create an Anatomical Location Data Type that enables post coordinated body locations documentation an establish an approach that enables consistent use of pre- and post-coordinated strategies given observation is normative by Stan Huff, Loraine Constable
          • Next steps: Reach out to Patient Care and CDS to add it to procedure, Condition, etc. to the list.
        • CIMI discussion 20 Feb 2020
          • Separate the need for Anatomical Location DT from when to use it versus BodyStructure
          • We (CIMI) need to join the O&O sessions where this will be discussed
          • Susan will review the openEHR implementation of anatomic location
      • Lunch meeting with FHIR-I
        • New interpretation of use of SNOMED (or other proprietary terminologies) and International IGs
          • Meaning of concepts defined by reference to SNOMED, but use of local codes with the same meaning would be considered as compliant
          • Define a “SNOMED realm” – all the countries that have licenses for SNOMED
            • We should do this also (second choice)
          • Add needed items to the “free use” SNOMED list (first choice)
            • Susan will send concepts to Grahame to add
          • CIMI discussion 20 Feb 2020
            • Issue of using SNOMED CT codes in international 
              • * if the IG requires the use of SNOMED CT to conform to it, then it must be published by realm with a SNOMED CT license, or the concepts must be licensed for free use for all applicable implementers.

        • How can CIMI be of most value to the FHIR community?
          • Problem – many domain specific IGs
            • Proposal
              • CIMI review and vote on IGs to make them as consistent as possible
              • Enumerate high level patterns for people to use
        • Process for reuse of FHIR profiles in IGs – openEHR and Intermountain experience
          • People should specify what “type” of IG they are using – domain, exchange, etc.
          • Additional option: put all profiles in a library and “#include” the profiles in the implementation guides. All profiles are in one place and can be easily indexed. Usage information can also be included.  For further discussion.
    • Strategy for what content to ballot, all models, or just important patterns? - Stan Huff
    • "Mixins" or "Fragments" that would be common building blocks for provenance, roles, participations, etc.
    • Any other business

    ...