Data Sources: Phase 0
Phase 0: Standards Development (in progress)
- The goal of this phase is to create a proof-of-concept that demonstrates the ability of a trial matching service to receive an mCODE record, analyze the record to make matches, and then present the matches back to the patient or provider.
- For the pilot, the team is starting with "basic few" eligibility criteria that will narrow down the list of potential clinical trial matches.
- Standards and documentation are created to allow for other matching services and patient portals to implement this capability.
- The GitHub Code Repository's can be found in the "Quick Links" section.
- If you'd like to see a demo, please contact Salim Semy or Caroline Potteiger. Contact information is listed below.
Phase 1: Retrospective Study
- The goal of this phase is to complete a retrospective study in which past patient records are sent to multiple matching services that have enabled mCODE.
- Phase 1 is split into two parts - Phase 1a: Patient Platform and Phase 1b: Health Center.
- Phase 1a includes mapping a patient portal application to mCODE and sending de-identified mCODE records to mCODE-enabled matching services via the patient portal and retrieving results.
- Phase 1b includes generating mCODE patient records from a health center and sending de-identified mCODE records to mCODE-enabled matching services via the EHR and retrieving results.
- This demonstrates that multiple matching services can be mCODE-enabled and will determine if the minimal eligibility criteria currently used is sufficient to support patient clinical trial matching.
Phase 2: Prospective Study
- The goal of this phase is to complete a prospective study in which current patient records are sent to multiple matching services that have enabled mCODE.
- This demonstrates the value of mCODE-enabled clinical trial matching services and the improved ease of finding clinical trials for patients when a matching service is mCODE enabled.
- American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network (ACS CAN) (co-champion)
- The MITRE Corporation (co-champion)
- TrialScope (matching service)
- Cancer Insights (patient portal)
- Breastcancertrials.org (matching service)
Conference Call Information
The Integrated Trial Matching for Cancer Patients and Providers project team meets weekly on Friday at 12:30pm ET. The weekly call minutes are available on this page.
A call open to the public will be occurring soon. Please stay tuned for more information.