Dear HTA members and Vocab (Ted),
The European initiative ehDSI (successor to epSOS) is going to be implemented in The Netherlands through a program PIEZO. This means cross border exchange of HL7 CDA based documents.
One of the borders to cross is a language border. The ehDSI Master Value Catalogue contains all code systems/value sets that are part of the information exchange. Some of those are based on HL7 terminology, which are US English only.
We are working towards of translating of those to Dutch, through a formal process comparable to how we work on SNOMED CT and LOINC translations. We think it would help Dutch implementations at large to be able to access these translations in close relationship to the base code systems. As such we are looking for guidance/process on setting up how that could work. For example translations could be added to UTG.
What we are currently looking at, because of ehDSI:
- 2.16.840.1.113883.5.1 Administrative gender
- 2.16.840.1.113883.5.25 Confidentiality
- 2.16.840.1.113883.5.1008 Null Flavour
- 2.16.840.1.113883.5.111 Personal relationship
- 2.16.840.1.113883.5.110 Role class
- 2.16.840.1.113883.5.1070 substanceAdminSubstitution
- 2.16.840.1.113883.5.1119 AdressUse
- 2.16.840.1.113883.5.139 TimingEvent
I’m not sure if this should be a matter of the HTA. But I’m sure more Affiliates have this problem as well. So maybe we have to discuss this as well with the Affiliates during next WGM.
Hope to hear from you.
@Julie Jamesè Can you put it on the agenda of the HTA call from 2019-12-10
Thanks in advance.
Begin discussie met vraag