- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
The purpose of the Patient Empowerment WorkGroup will be to directly represent the viewpoint of patients and their care-givers as part of the standards process.
Work Products and Contributions to HL7 Processes:
- Ensure that (appropriate) impacts on patients (positive and negative) are a consideration of the standards development process and are appropriately documented in as part of all relevant HL7 standards.
- Provide an entry-point and give support to patients, caregivers and their advocates with respect to both influencing and leveraging HL7 standards.
- Provide patient centric guidelines for standards developers and implementers
- Example: Patient-centric checklist for FHIR apps
- Assist in the standards development process by providing patient subject matter expertise
- Define, assist and/or coordinate standards and implementation guides related to interoperability with patient-facing systems. These are some example use cases:
Patient facing EHR and Payer Query APIs, patient corrections, patient consents, patient generated data (including health concerns, device data, notes, questionnaire responses), patient initiated scheduling requests.
- Provide the patient voice to the interoperability security and privacy conversation.
Formal Relationships With Other HL7 Groups
This group anticipates collaboration with many HL7 groups and is available as a resource to all groups.
Insert Formal Relationship information here when known.
Join us Thursdays at 1 Pm Eastern,
Dial-in number (US): (425) 436-6200
List Server Information:
Recently Worked On