- Full name: Patient Empowerment WorkgroupAs of 6/18 this (Pt Empowermt) is my favorite - it's simple, without adding any modifiers to "patient"And as of 9/18, in the middle of Atlanta WGM, I'd favor Patient Perspectives. But I'm not stiff about it. For all I know it should be Patient Advisory Council, not unlike the Patient Advisory Panel at BMJ ... which truly does advise the editors.Here's the home page of the BMJ's overall partnership program https://www.bmj.com/campaign/patient-partnership and within that, here's the current list of advisory panel members (FWIW) https://www.bmj.com/about-bmj/advisory-panels/patient-panel-membersThe final version will strip all comments - you might want to post the links on Zulip. I'm not a fan of "Patient Perspectives" because that sounds entirely advisory and passive. This group will be more.Done!
- Abbreviation: PE
- Ensure that (appropriate) impacts on patients (positive and negative) are a consideration of the standards development process and are appropriately documented in as part of all relevant HL7 standards.
- Provide an entry-point and give support to patients, caregivers and their advocates with respect to both influencing and leveraging HL7 standards.
- Provide patient centric guidelines for standards developers and implementers
- Assist in the standards development process by providing patient subject matter expertise
- Define, assist and/or coordinate standards and implementation guides related to interoperability with patient-facing systems. These are some example use cases:
- Patient facing EHR and Payer Query APIs, patient corrections, patient consents, patient generated data (including health concerns, device data, notes, questionnaire responses), patient initiated scheduling requests.
- Provide the patient voice to the interoperability security and privacy conversation.
Dave deBronkartFor the record, today Sept 18 I became a voting member of HL7. (Grahame made me the second voting member of his company)
+358 50 3855511
+1 202 421 3200