|11:00||Binding||Rob M and Ted K|
- Goals for the WGM
- Resolve how to describe a deterministic expansion
- How similar should this be to a concept domain?
- If the value set reference is not immediately resolvable to an expansion, what artifact supports that resolution?
- Is it possible to do this in a way that simple situations do not need the "resolution artifact?"
- Can we allow this to identify a code system only?
- Ability to send text only
- Begin to describe how to support "other codes"
- Initial discussion: For some time we have focused on all the individual things that binding needs to do, business behaviors and constraints. FHIR has demonstrated with expansion profile - that a combnation of the binding with the parameterisation and constraint mechanism against the value set definition to produce an expansion and the expansion profile to which it is bound.
- Issues; this can be done witout a data element or with a data element which makes it a multipurpose artifact.
- Perhaps this approach is best as these things are NEVER separatable.
Questions: how to allow additional codes into the deterministic value set expansion:
- same or different identifier
- same or different CLD version
- same of different expansion
- codes or text
- what happens with those things we put outside the scope
Specific discussion was on how to describe the deterministic expansion, ability to send text only, and how to support "other codes'"