The HL7 Confluence and JIRA site is covered under the HL7 Terms and Conditions of Use at the hl7.org website: http://www.hl7.org/legal/tc.cfm. This AUP should be read in conjunction with that document. While material on the HL7 Wiki is Confluence and JIRA site is available to the public, it is not considered open content. It may contain Intellectual Property that is protected as outlined in the HL7 Bylaws and its Governance and Operations Manual (GOM), or it may represent work-in-progress towards standards material that will be copyrighted once it has gained consensus in the HL7 community.
- Do not use the HL7 Confluence and JIRA site to announce, advertise or endorse companies / vendors / individuals and their specific products, services, offerings, and/or events. The use of the HL7 Confluence and JIRA site for personal gain is explicitly prohibited.
- Do not distribute or post the private or personal user information of another member of the forum without their express permission. This includes names, addresses, phone numbers, and other relevant information. Do not collect email addresses, screen names, or other identifiers or personal information without the consent of the person identified (including, without limitation, phishing, Internet scamming, password thieving, spidering, and harvesting). Do not collect or use information without the consent of the source of the information.
- Do not post material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate. Vandalism constitutes a serious offense.
- Do not publish content, including comments, that are unrelated to the page topic. When posting second-hand information, indicate it as such.
- Do not upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any content that you do not have a right to make available.
- Do not publish content that engages in personal attacks, or is excessively violent, incites others to violence, threatens to do violence to another person(s), or contains content which is disreputable or contains harassing, or hateful language.
- Do not publish any content not suitable for a child to read. Any comments which are knowingly false, or made with reckless disregard for the truth, could be used against you in a court of law. You can never really know how the recipient of your remarks will react. Your remarks are your own, and in no way reflect the opinion of others or the consensus of the HL7 community. Conversely, operate on the assumption that you yourself are not under attack.
- Do not revisit issues already raised, discussed, and decided upon. Reopen a discussion only if you have significant new information that would reasonably prompt reconsideration of the original decision.
- Do not edit comments from other users without their permission, with the exception of adding links to improve the interconnectedness of the site. Do not delete comments from other users unless the comment is irrelevant to the page it is on or is in violation of wiki etiquetteHL7 etiquette. If you delete another user's comment, be prepared to explain yourself should that user disagree with your deletion.
- Do not impersonate any person or entity, forge or manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any posting.
- Do not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell or exploit for any commercial purpose any portion of the WikiConfluence and JIRA site, use of the Wiki Confluence and JIRA site or access to the WikiConfluence and JIRA site.
All members of the community should take action to report users and posts that violate this AUP. Violations can be reported to Administrators through the Webmaster. Violations of the AUP may result in removal from the Wiki Confluence and JIRA site and other HL7 resources. In the case of minor violations, we encourage a quiet request on the offending user's page prior to invoking administrative procedures. HL7 reactions to violations:
- 1st offense: Written warning to offending poster's email address.
- 2nd offense: Written warning posted to offending poster's page and the suspension and/or termination of access to the HL7 WikiConfluence and JIRA site.
- 3rd offense: The suspension and/or termination of access to all HL7 resources and features, including the option to notify to the violator's home institution of the abuse of HL7's services or features and/or other actions deemed appropriate by HL7.