- Proponents must bring a proposal for the formation of a product family to the TSC for consideration
- The TSC is responsible for coordinating the review and execution of the proposal.
- Identify or establish a Methodology Group (methodology group may need to update their mission and charter)
- Establishing the management group
- SGB puts together a list of individuals for TSC consideration
- Provisional management group drafts a mission and charter based upon the boilerplate and submits to TSC for consideration
- TSC gives final approval to stand up the product family and associated management group
- SGB should ensure that the new product family is adequately represented in their SGB membership