- Invoke CRD via CDS Hooks
- Populate the hook request with the necessary demographic, payer and requested service information or have a FHIR server that will respond to queries for the information
- Handle the response of the CRD CDS Hooks Cards
- It is expected, that the Provider app will have implemented will be able to launch a SMART on FHIR app which is DTRapplication using the EHR launch sequence.
- The SMART on FHIR app will pre-populate a form with EHR data and collect information from the EHR using the template/rules returned from the payer system
It is expected that participants in this role will:
- Provide a FHIR server that implements the CDS Hooks specified in the CRD IG and the DTR IG
- Provide sample documentation responses for incoming queries, templates and rulesa FHIR Questionnaire that details the information requirements for the order review scenario
- Provide a FHIR Library that contains CQL with rules to extract the information needed by the Questionnaire from the EHR's FHIR server
Action: Healthcare Payer returns CDS Hooks Cards with documentation requirements. At least one Card has a link to the DTR app.
Success Criteria: Healthcare Provider system displays the cards
Action: Healthcare Provider clicks a link within the returned CARDCard, launching the DTR (SMART on FHIR app)
Precondition: noneHealthcare Payer has a Questionnaire / CQL Library that the DTR application can use to extract information requirements. The Healthcare Provider can launch a SMART on FHIR application using the EHR launch sequence.
Success Criteria: The DTR (SMART on FHIR app) displays a pre-populated form using a FHIR Questionnaire / QuestionnaireResponse. As well as a template and CQL rules returned from a CDS Connect repository Bonus point: TBDshows information collected from the patient chart and prompts a user for any information that is missing.
Bonus point: The Healthcare Payer secures their services with OAuth and the DTR application fetches the Questionnaire / CQL with a token for authorization.
Security and Privacy Considerations