- Publishing Recommendations: Gives input to policy makers (HL7 Board, HL7 HQ, and TSC) regarding the publishing of HL7 Standards.
- Publishing Tooling: Contributes to the process and tools necessary to move standards from creation through publication.
- Consistency and Branding: Development of processes to ensure consistency across the organization for naming standards, publications, and branding.
- HL7 Web Site: Reviews the HL7 web environment, ensuring an environment that enables the objectives stated above in the Mission.
- New Tooling Requests: Works with CTO to review, prioritize and address new tooling requests.
- Tooling Catalog & Lifecycle Management: Maintains the tooling catalog and advises on testing, evaluating, managing releases, funding, and harmonizing tools.
- HL7 -owned Technology Guidance: Provide guidance for architecture and technical standards, configuration, development scheduling, technical support and infrastructure for HL7 owned technology.
- License Allocation: The Work Group liaises Liaises with tool vendors to provide software for HL7 member's use.
- Training: The Work Group will provide Provide training and documentation for tools and electronic services in collaboration with the Education Work Group.
- Other Electronic Services: Other services overseen by the Work Group (and included in their prioritized project plan) include HL7 list servers, tracking, and electronic publishing of HL7 ballot materials.
- PSS tooling requirement