Meeting Coordinates Teleconference (see details on Meeting page)
H - HTA Member
O - observer
L - liaison
P - present
A - Apologies
N - not present without apologies
Global eHealth Collaborative
American Dental Association
National Library of Medicine/IHTSDO
|L||Russell Hamm||Vocabulary Co-Chair|
Quorum Requirements Met (3):
Minutes of Previous Meeting
Minutes of the face to face meeting Baltimore 30th September 2019
Review of UTG requirements Documentation (TK)
Ted to have sent link and all members
Free Subset and SNOMED
Request from Vocabulary:
The Vocabulary Work Group received a request from Canada Health Infoway for guidance from HL7 on the use of retired or legacy code systems. In particular, the requestor is looking for a statement from HL7 International about past decisions that have already been made regarding retired code systems (i.e, a statement that advises net new implementers of vocabulary to "steer clear" of retired HL7 code systems), but are not well known or documented.T
2) Where is the most appropriate place for this policy to be published. As shown on the confluence page, additional vocab policies are currently published via confluence.
No activity this call
Call Schedule: . Heather Grain to schedule the calls fortnightly continuing the current schedule. - Done
Not planned for discussion this call
Policy for publishing value set definitions referencing external terminologies (current and future) (Ted)
- Ensure licensing requirements for use is appropriately attributed and defined
- When value set definitions are published there is a need to automatically reference the page of external terminologies and licensing links for use.
- Every published document will include that information.
- Include in this policy and process in the external terminology web page.
1 Appendix: Known issues and Watch Items
- LOINC survey instrument attribution – attribution information included in web and publishing guidance (listed above).
- Inclusion of maps in publications.
1.3 FHIR content request updates
Awaiting information from Grahame G about how FHIR will update terminology resources to match the international release.
1.4 policy statement on SCT allowed binding strengths in FHIR for clarification (Ted)
On hold at the moment until other processes are determined more clearly.
Ted suggested this be moved to the watch list. We need to determine semantic implications of binding strength of expansions which are subject to profiles. This issue is not restricted to FHIR.
1.5 External Web Page Content
Reference to HTA – link - Done.