- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
The Health Care Devices WG was established to coordinate and facilitate the integration of health care devices to ensure interoperability and harmonization of data within healthcare entities by:
- Establishing standardized version 2.x and version 3 content to support health care device interoperability at the enterprise level
- Harmonizing device data models between HL7 and other organizations including ISO/IEEE 11073
- Harmonizing and coordinating device terminology usage within HL7 components
- Harmonizing and coordinating device data messaging and interchange syntax
- Working with the FHIR project to create device related resources consistently with existing device standards, domain information models, and domain use cases and context.
- Support revision and harmonization of the Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI ) Point of Care Test (POCT) and laboratory automation standards
- General coordination and harmonization between HL7 and other national and international organizations involved in health care device informatics and interoperability
- Engaging the device informatics ecosystem to participate in standards development efforts including medical device manufacturers, information integrators, and data consumers.
- IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS) 11073 Working Group for Medical Device Communication and IEEE Standards Association.
- Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI) POCT Consensus Committee and Laboratory Automation and Informatics Consensus Committee
- World Health Organization eHealth Standardization Coordination Group (WHO eHSCG)
- Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise Patient Care Devices Domain (IHE PCD)
- Health Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
- FDA Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH)
- American College of Clinical Engineering (ACCE)
- Personal Connected Health Alliance / Continua Health Alliance
- ISO TC 215 Health Informatics – Systems and Device Interoperability (WG 2)
- U.S. National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) Medical Device Communications Test Project
- Joint ISO/TC 215 - IEC/SC 62A WG - Medical IT Risk Management
- CEN TC 251 WG II - Systems and Device Interoperability
- Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI)
- AAMI/UL Joint Committee 2800
- ISO/TC 121/SC4 Anaesthetic and Respiratory Equipment
- Heart Rhythm Society (HRS)
- Regenstreif Institute
- MDPnP Medical Device “Plug-and-Play” Interoperability Program
Term ends Jan 2020
Term ends Sep 2020
Term ends May 2020
This is a good place for recurring call information to go!