Versions Compared

Key

  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

ANSI Anti-Trust Policy:  Professional Associations, such as HL7, which bring together competing entities are subject to strict scrutiny under applicable antitrust laws. HL7 recognizes that the antitrust laws were enacted to promote fairness in competition and, as such, supports laws against monopoly and restraints of trade and their enforcement. Each individual participating in HL7 meetings and conferences, regardless of venue, is responsible for knowing the contents of and adhering to the HL7 Antitrust Policy as stated in §05.01 of the Governance and Operations Manual (GOM).

Meeting Details

Date:  September 29, 2023 

Time: 10AM ET

Coordinates:  Join Zoom meeting: https://zoom.us/j/5100467805 | Meeting ID: 510 046 7805 | +1 929-436-2866-US (New York)


Attendees: 

Peter Kendall (Flexion), Daniel Golson (JMC), Kathy Walsh (Labcorp), Rob Hausam (Hausam Consulting), Michael Lingenfelter (BAH/CDC), Omar Khan (NHS England), Riki Merrick (Vernetzt, LLC / APHL), Hans Buitendijk (Oracle), Jeff Crichlake, Bob Dieterle (EnableCare Group), Gelu Comanescu (CDC), Shawn Cleary, Andrea Pitkus (UW), Scott Fradkin (FLexion), Annie Raval (CDC), Emma Jones, Jose Costa Teixeira, Brian Handspicker, April Messer (Flexion),  Marti Velezis (Sonrisa / FDA)

Chair: Riki Merrick

Scribe: Marti Velezis

  •  Quorum Met 

AGENDA

MEETING MINUTES

  • Using subscription to task for updates after task is completed
    • task.status remains complete
    • send subscrition notification that a particluar task was updated by adding something new to task.output and/or task.note
    • resource.meta haslast updated has lastUpdated date (on the server)
    • we could add the standard extension for lastUpdated if we want to have it retained in the resource - no need for extension as Task has a lastModified field outside of meta
    • works when you use subsrciption on the task - the notification gives you the task.identifier or you can get it as contained resource (higher security concerns)
  • Meeting Times 
    • 1 hour later on Fridays = 11 AM ET - won't work for Ralf (V2 Management will see, if we can shift) and Riki
    • Thurs 12 -1 Every other call for Bob, ok for Hans, Thur 2-3 PM (every other week for Rob)
    • Mon 2-3 (every other week for Hans and overlapping with specimen), Wed 2-3 (not Bob)
    • Next call will still be 10 AM ET on Friday
  • Clinical Order Workflow (COW) FHIR Implementation Guide Proposal Review
    • Revised Draft IG Content (see changes in version history)
    • Discussed whether this is R4 with guidance on R5 extensions for pre-adoption
      • In US R4 is in regulation, next version will be R6

      • SVAP indicates when a newer version is allowable to be used for certification – has been used for USCore, but not likely to be used for FHIR core

      • If we decide to create a second IG, we will have a second proposal anyways

    • Included medications in scope for this IG in the short description (it was already included in the long description)
    • Need to check with Pharmacy to see if they want to co-sponsor the COW work – as the IG has medications in scope (Action item: TBD)
    • Jose Costa-Teixeira will check on the IHE Pharmacy, IHE Radiology and Joint Action 09 from EC to see if they will be "Involved parties"
    • RESTful API mainly, but does not preclude use of messaging and operations in the workflow processes.
    • Will take to OO Main for approval on October 5, 2023
  • Next meeting October 6, 2023 at 10AM EDT.

-------Meeting Adjourned at 11:02 AM EDT--------

From Chat

Omar Khan (NHS England) to Everyone (Sep 28, 2023, 4:48 PM)
Task has a lastModified field outside of meta
 
Jose Costa Teixeira to Everyone (Sep 28, 2023, 4:49 PM)
Oh. Didn't see that. If so, that would address that. Thanks omart
*Omar
 
R. Michael Lingenfelter (Booz, Allen/CDC) to Everyone (Sep 28, 2023, 5:00 PM)
Will we use the same Zoom link or will there be a new link sent out?
 
You to Everyone (Sep 28, 2023, 5:00 PM)
Same link
 
Brian Handspicker to Everyone (Sep 28, 2023, 5:06 PM)
My understanding is that R4B is not widely implemented. A similar discussion is happening at IHE, with a similar decision to focus on R4 and R5
 
Rob Hausam to Everyone (Sep 28, 2023, 5:14 PM)
Agree that R4B per se is not widely implemented.  But it is also designed to be compatible with R4, and it is now the “official R4” release.
So there may not actually be any downside to going with R4B.  We should at least look at it and see if there are any issues.

Rob Hausam to Everyone (Sep 28, 2023, 5:16 PM)
what “that” are you referring to?
 
Annie Raval to Everyone (Sep 28, 2023, 5:16 PM)
https://www.healthit.gov/topic/standards-version-advancement-process-svap

Rob Hausam to Everyone (Sep 28, 2023, 5:19 PM)
Right.  I don’t know if that will have much effect on the R4 vs. R4B decision - particularly internationally.