|60 mins||Helios Update||Craig|
Helios Update 20230912 slide deck
- Helios is one of the FHIR accelerators and is specifically for Public Health.
- Everyone is encouraged to participate in Helios. Provide in-kind support; organizational pilots welcome.
- Core principles – desirability, feasibility, compatibility
- New area of work: operationalize queries for Public Health
- Deliver Aggregate Information to Public Health:
- Being actively worked on during the connectathon
- Oracle Cerner and Washington State are testing
- Measures identified, prioritized and a few developed
- Listening sessions being planned from ONC, CMS, CDC, ASPR, STLTs
- Discussing on the repository for the definition libraries
2. Making Data in Public Health Systems accessible in bulk:
- Document IIS architecture and business needs in developing FHIR infrastructure
- Reverse of EHRs being the bulk data provider and in this EHRs request for bulk data from Public Health based on the use case
- Initial testing has been done successfully – exchange of up to 100,000 cases in a short period time
- Rhode island is ready on the use case
- Epic (John Stamm) has brought up bulk data for vital records death reporting; to share information from EHRs for cause of death etc.
3. Align and Optimize Public Health Data Sharing:
- Assessing the interoperability needs
- Evaluation framework that describes how any public health data could be shared
- 15 use cases – subscription, bulk and SMART access.
4. Public Health Query Response - New track/ area of work
- Came out of align and optimize
- Test a generic query/response workflow for three use cases applicable to public health investigations
- Demographic information
- Supplemental – newborn screening
- Supplemental – positive reportable conditions like STIs