There is no need to continue this separate meeting stream in future
Joint session with SD, PC & templates
- No representatives from the templates group. No update templates.
- CCDA to FHIR. There will be FHIR activity at SD the coming periode and SD expect to be able to report at the next WGM in San Antonio.
- Lisa Nelson has a CCDA to FHIR implementation guide. This is based on STU v2. Da Vinci project will update to STU v4, but this is still in progress. The information on SD can be found on a HL7 Wiki, but it has not been updated lately.
- Brett gives an update on Data Provenance. The US government has not set the requirements and expect that HL7 would come with that answer. An organization should be in the provenance. The minimum requirements are the organizations from the sender and the receiver. Thom Khun mentions that the use case is to correct an error at the source. An example that Michelle Miller provides is an immunization where the vaccine is taken at a Walgreens. The actual originator is the PCP. Floyd argues that the source is the Walgreens.
- Comparison with paper flow. The PCP would fax the prescription and you would see in the header on the fax. How would do it in CCDA?
- You walk the chain backwards to find the original author. If you modify the data, then you become the new author. This is not traceable.
- With the example of immunization Lisa questions whether you overwrite the original data or add new data next to the old data.
- CCDA also has features within a CDA. There are author’s with timestamps available.
- The provenance is used for reconciliation purposes.
- In CDA you always have an author, but FHIR could be generated by a system without a specific responsible person. In CDA an assembler is added as participant.
- If data is assembled by a system, then the organization is held responsible for the data.
- If a doctor signs off a system generated document, then he would be the author. Rob McClure would consider that as new document with a new author.
- The performer in CDA is the performer of the procedure.
- In the CCDA the consumer can modify the data and therefore is the person responsible for the data.
- An informative paper will be set up and go to ballot. Lisa is thinking about cross paradigm document about principals. A PSS Is required. Action Brett Marquard. SD would be prime sponsor and FHIR-I as co-sponsor.
Chair: Michelle Miller
Scribe: Michelle Miller