Versions Compared


  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Chair:  Craig Newman



 Craig Nemwan / Riki Merrick

Antitrust Statement

Professional Associations, such as HL7, which bring together competing entities are subject to strict 
scrutiny under applicable antitrust laws. HL7 recognizes that the antitrust laws were enacted to promote 
fairness in competition and, as such, supports laws against monopoly and restraints of trade and their 
enforcement. Each individual participating in HL7 meetings and conferences, regardless of venue, is 
responsible for knowing the contents of and adhering to the HL7 Antitrust Policy as stated in §05.01 of 
the Governance and Operations Manual (GOM).


Agenda Outline

Agenda Item

Meeting Minutes from Discussion

Decision Link(if not child)
ManagementMinutes Approval


Gender Harmony

  • Did not talk Gender Harmony
  • V2-25412 / V2-25417continue discussion from 3/24 next week - both Craig (Quest) and Kathy (Labcorp) agreed to attend April 7
  • V2-25418
  • V2-25413 
  • please review
    to clarify if suggested text is acceptable. (per GI-SPCU sub group 2023-03-30) Fine to complete resolution and send to Main call for block vote

MethodologyHarmonization Chapter 2C to THO content
  • Michael will speak to Frank on this next week
  • content into THO, so that those don’t need to get modified by hand
  • V2.9.1 may need to go back to ballot – because we had a typo in MSH-6 (making it repeating) in one of the ballot cycles  of V2.9 without any change request we can find
  • We need to decide if for v2.9.1 we will just fix the major issues in 2C (perhaps even by hand in the Word document) versus cleaning up all identified issues
    • Michael will send an email summarizing what could be done

v2 tickets

V2-25510 - Need to set expectations for ER7 vs XML encoding when creating IGs SUBMITTED

  • proposed disposition added to the ticket for the group to review

V2-25511 - Need boilerplate text for resetting Set IDs SUBMITTED

  • IGAMT tool supports conformance statements for the Set-IDs to help the authors describe this handling the same way.
  • We allow both the OBX-1 for each new OBR to reset and to not – do we really want to create a second statement that allows not resetting
  • When you write a book and you start a new chapter you restart the section umbering
  • We have OBX after SPM also, the Set-ID should reset to 1 for that context also
  • For error reporting we count occurrences, since not all segments have set-IDs
    • MSH – PID
    • PID – OBR
    • OBR - OBX
    • SPM - OBX
    • PID - NTE
    • OBR - NTE
    • OBX – NTE
  • Nick will take a first pass at writing proposed language

ManagementNext agenda

 Adjourned at  3:59  59 PM Eastern

Supporting Documents