|Table of Contents|
Welcome to the Imaging Integration Work Group Confluence site. On these pages we will manage minutes and discussion documents for work in progress.
See the main IIWG page
Co-Chair: Jonathan Whitby , Vital , a Canon Group CompanyMedical Informatics
Co-Chair: Christopher Lindop, GE Healthcare
Vocab Fac: Vacant
Imaging Integration collects, reviews, develops and documents use cases, information structures, message and document content related to ordering and reporting of non-textual data and associated information, including images themselves. Imaging Integration promotes the interoperation of imaging systems, PACS and associated radiological oriented systems with information systems that use HL7.
Work Products and Contributions to HL7 Processes
- Ensure that the necessary classes and attributes are included in the HL7 Reference Information Model to allow integration with DICOM oriented systems.
- Ensure that changes required for image integration support in the HL7 product famililes are enacted.
- Facilitate the publication of HL7/DICOM Implementation Guides.
- Coordinate harmonization of new and emerging HL7 and DICOM Standards.
Formal Relationships With Other HL7 Groups
The primary relationship of Imaging Integration is with the Orders and Observations and Structured Documents Work Groups.
Other Work Groups with which Imaging Integration has formal relationship include:
- FHIR Management Group
- Healthcare Standards Integration
- IIWG is part of the Structure and Semantic Design steering division
Formal Relationship With Groups Outside of HL7
- The DICOM Standards Committee, and its WG-20 Imaging Integration (see DICOM-HL7 Memorandum of Agreement in the Appendix to the Decision Making Process document)
- Integrating the Healthcare Environment Consortium (IHE) sponsored by HIMSS and RSNA. (By action of the HL7 Board, HL7 has agreed to participate as a cooperating organization in the IHE initiative).