- We will leverage the ongoing work from the O&O HL7v2-to-FHIR mapping project where possible, however PDex will have its variations for a number of reasons:
- The HL7v2-to-FHIR worksheet mappings contain segments from HL7v2.7 (e.g.: PRT). Most HL7v2 messages received by payers in our use case are v2.5.1 or v2.3. . Still pending further research with examples, but ideally, the v2-to-FHIR mapping is meant to be cumulative so even if a field from a prior version is deprecated, the spot is still there effectively.
- PDex will align with US Core R4 which will impose further constraints on cardinality and coding systems not in these mappings.
- Payer-relevant elements and coding systems may further extend or constrain the FHIR target mappings.
- HL7v2.5.1 will be the source data standard which will be mapped to FHIR. While there are other more recent versions of HL7v2, version 2.5.1 is cited for CLIA conformance.
- Semantic mappings might be approximate in cases where the term descriptions are ambiguous.
- Structural mappings might not align in several ways noted below:
- data type
- non-existent elements
Identify the potential data sources the Health Plan would use to support the data exchange...
PDex/HRex FHIR Resources
Identify the FHIR Resources from the PDex IG and HRex IGs that are used to support the data exchange...:
Other Dependent FHIR Resources
- US Core Patient
- US Core Laboratory Result Reporting
Value Sets and Terminologies
Identify the value sets, codings and terminologies that will support the data exchange.
Identify the source to target field mapping by FHIR Resource