Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendance: for the virtual vocab (hosted) working group meetings can be found Virtual Sept 2020 - Vocabulary WGM Attendance.

Color code for "Hosted by another WG"
Color code for "Hosting another WG"
Color code for Non-Vocab Meeting

Information for all sessions (unless otherwise stated on associated minutes page):

Join via Whova Application. Attendess must be registered for the WGM to gain access.

If you can't connect via Computer Audio, there is an option to joing via phone

Note for Chairs: 

The chair responsible for managing the agenda will assign chairs and scribes for all sessions at least two buisness days before the WGM is scheduled to start. Any conflicts will be resolved between chairs and is the chair with a conflict's responsibility to resolve. 

For the virtual meeting, chairs should review the informaiton here: 2020 September WGM - Zoom Accounts for Co-Chairs. NOTE: The chair hosting the WGM session should NOT be logged into the session via Whova AND Zoom at the same time, only ZOOM.

Vocab Welcomes You!

Link for all WG meetings (so they say)



DayTimeTechnical/BusinessEventChairScribeMeeting Minutes

Monday

September 21



9:45a - 12:30p ET

Tuesday 22-Sep, 0-2am AEST

PlenaryHL7 Plenary #1


1-2 pm Eastern

Tuesday 22-Sep, 3-4am AEST

Business

Vocab

Chair:  Ted Klein

Key Participants: Rob McClure Robert Hausam Reuben Daniels

Not Available: 

Monday 1pm Minutes

2 - 3:30 pm Eastern

Tuesday 22-Sep, 4-6am AEST

Technical

Vocab Hosting CQI, CDS

  • CPG Vocabulary profiles (Shareable, Computable, Executable, Publishable)
    • Motion: Vocab endorse the approach of the CPG value set profiles as used within the CPG IG, as consistent with good vocabulary practice. Bryn/Ben 22/0/1 Motion Passed.
  • Expectations with use of UTG - what are considerations for CQI/CDS for upcoming change requests - Bring new requirements for vocabulary changes to this session.
  • CDA/FHIR vocabulary
  • see FHIRI agenda for a detailed list FHIR-I WGM Agenda 2020-09

Chair: Rob McClure

Key Participants: 

Not Available: 

Monday 2pm Minutes
3:30-4:00 pm EasternGENERALCookie Break


4-5:30 pm Eastern

Tuesday 22-Sep, 6-7:30am AEST

Technical

Vocab

  • Gender Harmony Project - Updates, Next Steps and working meeting

Chair: Rob McClure

Key Participants: Francis Lau Roz Queen Andrea MacLean Cooper Thompson Thomson Kuhn Andrea Downey Kelly Davison 

Not Available: 5-5:30 pm Caroline Macumber has to leave to record presentation for SCT Expo

Monday 4pm Minutes

6-8:00 p ET

Tuesday 22-Sep, 8-10am AEST

Technical

Vocab

  • Using MED-RT on FHIR
  • Discussion on identifying needed extensions and profiles on CodeSystem and ValueSet (NamingSystem?) to be used for best practices and consider including this into UTG


Monday 6pm Minutes


9-10 am

Technical

Co-chair meeting

  • Managing code system changes that impact value sets - e.g. codes that no longer exist. Rob McClureexample

Chair: Carmela A. Couderc

Key Participants: all Vocab co-chairs




Tuesday

September 22

(better for EU)

10 - 11 am Eastern

Wednesday 23-Sep, 12-1am AEST

Technical

Joint with Structured Docs (Vocab Hosting)

  • Support and process wherein source of truth for C-CDA value sets are available in multiple places (VSAC, PHIN-VADS, FHIR) and the list changes over time (like per ODH update.)
  • Vocabulary binding alignment between CDA and FHIR syntax and common vocabulary binding principles
  • Alignment expectations for Value Sets across CDA and FHIR Implementation Guides server the same Use Cases
    • C-CDA on FHIR IG being published
    • SOA project
    • Both were more on structural alignment
  • How to clarify where null flavors are permitted.

Chair: Rob McClure

Key Participants: 

Not available:

Reuben Daniels

Tuesday 10 am Minutes

11 - noon Eastern

Wednesday 23-Sep, 1-2am AEST

Technical

Joint with Structured Docs (Vocab Hosting)

Chair: Rob McClure

Key Participants: 

Not available:

Reuben Daniels

Same as above

12 - 1:30 pm Eastern

Wednesday 23-Sep, 2-3:30am AEST



Not Available:

Rob McClure attending US Realm SC.  

Reuben Daniels



2-4:00 pm Eastern

Wednesday 23-Sep, 4-6am AEST

TechnicalHTA general meeting (overlap with Vocab sessions below)

Key Participants: 

Reuben Daniels

Caroline Macumber



2 - 3p ET



Rob McClure will be at SD for Clinical Note discussion



3-4 pm Eastern

Wednesday 23-Sep, 5-6am AEST

Technical

Vocab

  • Value Set Definition Profile Project - Update, next steps and working meeting

Chair: Ted Klein

Key Participants: Rob McClure Robert Hausam  

Not available:

Reuben Daniels Caroline Macumber

Tuesday 3 pm Minutes

4-5:00 pm Eastern

Wednesday 23-Sep, 6-7am AEST

Technical

Vocab

  • FHIR Tracker Items (leads, please update as we get closer with items we can review)
  • Prep for joint meeting with FHIR-I

Chair: Reuben Daniels

Key Participants: Robert Hausam Carmela A. Couderc Reuben Daniels

Not available: 

Tuesday 4 pm Minutes


8 am - 10 am Eastern


General vocab discussion of open tickets

  • FHIR tracker items
  • UTG tickets
    • UP-68 cs version issue
  • HTA Tickets

Chair: Robert Hausam

Key Participants: Ted KleinReuben Daniels

Wednesday 8AM Minutes




Wednesday

September 23

10 am - 11:30 pm Eastern

Thursday 24-Sep, 12-2am AEST



Not available:

Rob McClure attending CDS (hosting CQI and CIMI)

Reuben Daniels



1-2 pm Eastern

Thursday 24-Sep, 3-4am AEST

Technical

Vocab

  • Standardized Terminology Knowledgebase Update

Chair: Caroline Macumber

Key Participants: Ioana SingureanuKeith E. Campbell

Not available: 

Reuben Daniels

Ted KleinWednesday 1PM Minutes

2 - 3 pm Eastern

Thursday 24-Sep, 4-5am AEST

Technical

Joint with HTA (Vocab Hosting)

  • Focus on UTG
  • Motion to establish HL7 Terminology as the single repository for external code system information.
  • Discuss policy for implementing HTA-directed changes to external URLs 
    • Change request or technical correction
    • Discuss adding the following statement to the Vocab policy statement regarding URLs, or to an HTA policy statement 
      • Authoritative URLs for external code systems can only be assigned by the HTA (through the HTA process involving the code System owner).
    • Create a definition for authoritative url
Wednesday 2PM Minutes

3 - 3:45 pm Eastern

Thursday 24-Sep, 5-6am AEST

Technical

Joint with HTA (HTA Hosting)

  • Review of Policy of Maintenance on  External Codesytem URIs
  • HTA update on external URI process and open items
  • Follow up on any discussion on policy for building FHIR representations of externally defined publicly available code system content (IE; NDC, ODH,..)
  • Process for identifying and implementing URI changes in normative HL7 products
  • Request form Vocab for HTA to seek clarification on use of pre-release codes in FHIR
    • It has been proposed that they can be represented as a code system fragment, however this declares the pre-release codes as members of the code system - which may be in violation of the code system authorities intent.


Chair: N/A

Key Participants: Julie James Reuben Daniels Davera Gabriel Susan Matney Roel Barelds

Not available:


See minutes that continue from previous meeting

Wednesday 2PM Minutes

3:45 - 6pm

Thursday 24-Sep, 5:45-8am AEST

GENERALHL7 Main Business Meeting


6:00 - 10:00 pm

Thursday 24-Sep, 8:00-12 am AEST

GENERALVirtual Pub Crawl




Thursday

September 24

(better for AU)

12 - 1:30 pm Eastern

Friday 25-Sep, 2-4am AEST



Not available:

Rob McClure attending CDS hosting CQI, CPG, EBM-on-FHIR

Reuben Daniels



2 - 3:30 pm Eastern

Friday 25-Sep, 4-5:30am AEST

TechnicalCGP hosting Vocab (and PC?, others) to discuss US Core

Rob McClure plans to attend

Not available:

Reuben Daniels



3:30 - 4:00 pm Eastern

Friday 25-Sep, 5:30-6am AEST

GENERALCookie Break


6 - 7 pm Eastern

Friday 25-Sep, 8-9am AEST

Technical

Vocab hosting MnM/FHIR-I, confirmed with Lloyd 7/31.

UTG General Updates (10):

  • CDA documentation updates to reference UTG. 
  • New content creation - moving from IG to UTG
  • CDA content needed (we thought we had until R2 later this Fall)
  • Ongoing issues that need attention 

Targeted Related Discussions

  • Implementation of both a CS stub and NS entry for all code systems
    • Need agreement on timing.
    • What about the FHIR update to indicate a CS stub has no CS information besides descriptive metadata?
  • Consider not including all of core MIF old content into UTG and just add that as an addendum to the content that is in UTG when creating the "current MIF build."
  • Suggestion for removing dross content from FHIR core build FHIR-27851 - Getting issue details... STATUS as an example
  • Need decision regarding "retired" value sets that have invalid concepts. We should not require an update to the CLD to a retired value set in order to avoid errors or warning  See NUCC
  • Need to consider retired vs deprecated to handle if we want some previously useful value sets to continue to have an expansion, versus not expansions to be done. 
  • UP-68 version issue now critical needs solution for what the version element should be set to.  The changes were fro 4.2.0 on the FHIR r401 site' the current R5 site has it is as 4.5.0 now.  Should it change to 4.3.0?  4.6.0?  5.0.0?  Something else?(https://build.fhir.org/ig/HL7/UTG/branches/UP-68-clarify-inclusion-nature-of-population-criteria-in-measure-and-measureport/CodeSystem-measure-population.html)

Chair: Caroline Macumber

Key Participants: 

Ted Klein

Reuben Daniels

Not available: 

Thursday 6pm Minutes

7 - 8 pm Eastern

Friday 25-Sep, 9-10am AEST

Technical

Vocab hosting FHIR-I, confirmed with Lloyd 7/31.

  • Discussion and review of the HTA/Vocab single repo for external CS info made yesterday
    • In the meantime...what to tell implementers creating new code systems under pressure for their IGs out in the community? (eg Mary Kay's issues; what to say in tomorrow's session)
  • FHIR documentation updates to reference UTG (e.g. http://hl7.org/fhir/2020Sep/terminologies.html#system
  • When and error is found in an R4 normative resource such as CodeSystem, how and when to address in both R4 and R5?   (e.g. FHIR-27762 syntax error in the FHIRpath expression in the csd-1 constraint on CodeSystem)
  • The required new code for designationUse have yet been added and cause continuing build errors.  See UTG ticket UP-107
  • Release 2.0.0 of UTG timing
  • FHIR-13493 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • Remaining CS and VS on FHIR R5 site move - When? How?

Chair: Rob McClure

Key Participants: 

Ted Klein

Reuben Daniels

Not available: 

Thursday 7pm Minutes


Friday

September 25

(better for EU)

10 - 11 am Eastern

Saturday 26-Sep, 12-1am AEST

Technical

Vocab hosting Conformance

V2 documentation updates to reference UTG. 

Chair: Caroline Macumber

Key Participants: 

Not available:

Rob McClure At PC representing Vocab

Reuben Daniels

Friday 10AM Minutes

10-11:30 am Eastern

Saturday 26-Sep, 12-1:30am AEST

TechnicalPC Hosting Vocab

Rob McClure  plans to attend

Not available:

Reuben Daniels



11 - 12:00 pm Eastern

Saturday 26-Sep, 1-2am AEST

Technical

Chair: Robert Hausam

Key Participants: 

Not available: 

Reuben Daniels

Carmela A. Coudercsame as above

12 - 1:30pm Eastern

Saturday 26-Sep, 2-3:30am AEST

Technical

FM Hosting Vocab, PC, CQI to discuss Encounter.diagnosis 

PC Agenda

PC does not control these resources so discussion may be short: Encounter.diagnosis.use that uses the diagnosis.role value set – AND – the Claim.diagnosis.type using the diagnosis.type value set – the 2 value sets are different for what may well be the same concept.

And Encounter.diagnosis.rank and Claim.diagnosis.sequence need clearer differentiation or harmonization.

Rob McClure and Carmela A. Couderc  plan to attend

Not available:

Reuben Daniels



1:30 - 2:30pm Eastern

Saturday 26-Sep, 3:30am - 4:30 am AEST

Technical

Vocab hosting HTA and FHIR-I

  • Raffirmation of single UTG external code system repository motion wtih FHIR-I

"Vocab and HTA recommend that HL7 create a single maintained authoratative repository of information about external code systems and their use (e.g., copyright and identifiers) in HL7 artifacts at terminology.hl7.org. The authority for changes to the repository content rests solely with HTA. Only at the explicit request of a external terminology owner, will the external code system content be included in the respository."

  • Continuation of discussion re issues publishing external code systems with copyright issues (aka, "The MK Issue).
Friday 130 PM Mintues

3:30-4:00 pm Eastern

Saturday 26-Sep, 5:30-6am AEST

GENERALFriday Wrap-Up




  • No labels