Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendance can be found Here

Co-Chair and Key Participant information can be found on the Agenda found Here

Discussion items


TimeItemWhoNotes
11:00V3 vocabulary topics. Policy statement on legacy V2/V3 code systems (tentative) (moved from next Q because transition from HL7 code systems to other codes systems, internal HL7 or external needs clarification. See: Re: Proposed Vocabulary WG Policy on content changes to old HL7 systems

Ted Klein

It was agreed that though this has been discussed in the past it is time to formalize a policy for content changes to old HL7 systems.

Discussion is documented on the Proposed vocab WG policy on content changes (link in item description) along with a proposed outline of requirements. We have been reticent to update older terminologies as the content of these does not conform to the standards we require in terminology today.

Proposed mechanism: yearly review by the workgroup of deprecated content be reuqired and if there is no change after two years it should be retired.

The definition of deprecated was agreed: Specification or artifact that should be avoided as it no longer has a meaningful purpose or has been replaced by a better specification or artifact.

The policy has to deal with how we manage this process.



Action items

  •  Ted Klein to put Proposed vocabulary WG Policy on content changes to old HL7 systems on the Vocab call agenda

    Action items

    • Tasks progress

      1 / 2

    • Show tasks: ALLINCOMPLETEOVERDUEUPCOMINGFUTUREAssigned to: 
    •  Heather Grainto welcome Reuben and let him know that he has to be at the meeting for Q4 Sunday to Q4 Thursday
    • Ted Klein harmonisation submission technical review - Ted to reach out to Reuben to join this task.
    his issue on the regular call schedule
  • No labels