Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendance can be found Here

Co-Chair and Key Participant information can be found on the Agenda found Here

Discussion items


TimeItemWhoNotes
9:06

Vocab (Hosting)/CGIT/InM

  • V2 vocabulary issues
    • Unification of v2/v3 code system content
All

Summary of challenges with V2, V3, and FHIR code system distribution and challenges.

Alignment of ObservationInterpretationCodes across all three product families. Retire the family specific content and point to the aligned/harmonized content.

0078 Interpretation Codes overview in FHIRToolkit

How to align other cross product family content?

Process:

ObservationInterpretation Codes was selected as it was not trivial yet not too complex. Considering ObservationResultStatus?

How to select future cross product family content to align? What is the driver?

Wit time being a consideration, what weighting factors are there to decide the priority on what needs to be unified?


  • Determine a prioritized list, or define a straw-man process on how to build such a list?
  • Make the unification of content a PSS process driven by the work groups requiring unification?
  • Survey the community as to what they feel need to be unified? Poll co-chair list?
  • Straw-man process, data collection spot...

Once we have the process identified, we need to develop guidelines on actually how to do the work.


Decision:

  • We are adding a task to the vocabulary facilitator tasks.
  • Will announced soon in the general session on Tuesday morning or in the co-chair dinner in Montreal (May 2019 WGM) in order to get folks ready for when UTG is ready e.g. how to submit harmonisation proposals in UTG.
  • We will discuss further in Montreal planning session in Q4 today. Discussing a facilitator focused session in Montreal.
  • Sheila Abner will assist.


Other ideas:

  • Carmela A. Couderc suggests start small.
  • Reuben Daniels : make the UI easy and attractive.
  • Sheila Abner : We could potentially use some of the content in Trifolia as a use case for UTG content. Ted suggests it would be great if Sheila could get a list of items and subset that Sean gave him and on Sheila's plate to clean up. If


HL7 Vocab Facilitators:

http://www.hl7.org/about/hl7facilitators.cfm

We may need to add some new facilitates

INM

  • INM representatives confirmed what they are and are not using in terms of controlled vocabulary.
  • Ted pointed out he has created some infrastructure and maintenance "stuff" to support V2 and V3. Ted then discussed this to inform INM representatives. 
  • In particular hl7TermMaintInfra code system where Ted described the concepts currently available e.g. sponsor, synonymCode, Publisher. This was designed a "bag of concepts" to represent information in the UTG. Ted asked if INM would like to be part of managing this code system. INM will revert back to Ted.



Action items

  • Sheila Abner: To work with Ted on cleanup in Trifolia.
  • Heather Grain  clean up the list of Vocabulary facilitators.
  • Ted Klein : Ask Wayne and Austin about where (co-chair dinner, etc) we put work group facilitators information session. 
  • Ted Klein : Write a one pager summarising the discussion and implications (Carol and Reuben and Lloyd to help with justification) regarding standing up terminology services at HL7.
  • Heather Grain To review and scope changes for material we have for facilitator training roles and responsibilities.
  • Ted Klein to discuss with Rob Haussum about Sheila Abner taking over as Structured Documents Vocabulary Facilitator
  • No labels