|20m||Implementation Of The Versioning Solution||Carol/Jess|
The design for versioning was decided on previous calls and the main Vocabulary WG calls (see older minutes for details). We now have to dtetemine the implementation of the design vis a vis the obects having existing versions from the 3 product families (V2, V3, and FHIR)
- We will implement a 3 part versioning identifier: major versions, minor version, error patch/technical correction. Confluence discussion of this can be found here
- Each of the 3 clauses will be an integer (e.g. 2.1.0)
- Classification of UTG versioning changes by resource (major, minor or technical correction) and by product family as specified in #2 in the UTG versioning discussion page
- Code System refinements:
- Changs to OID and Defining URI both is a different code system, not any versioned change.
- Major number increments driven by changes that require behavior change in the systems and servers that implement the code system
- Major increment by add or delete concept code, status change to/from Active to Retired, Active→Backwards Compatible, or Deprecated→Backward Compatible. Also when a change to a defining characteristic, such as a move in the hierarchy or an addition of another parent in the hierarchy, or changes to defining relationships. Also properties that are defining such as isSelectable. Changes to <name>,
- Minor increment by change Status Active→Deprecated, wording changes with no meaning change to a print name or description, or usage notes. Changes to properties that are not defining, such as synonymCode. Addition of language translations of the text bits (print names, descriptions. etc.). For Code System metadata, <title>, <Committee> or <Steward>, <Publisher>
- Error/Technical Correction increments when pro-forma cleanup is done for 'garbage characters', typos, and the like.
- We must go through all of the known properties in V3, V2, and FHIR material in UTG and classify changes to each one as Major or Minor as per rules above.
- Value Set Refinements
- Any meaningful change to definitional elements means a new Value Set Definition (not version). This includes scope and immutable. Also any change to the Defining URI and OID both.
- Major number increment with change to URI or OID without changing the other, ... TBD
- We have run out of time on today's call. Next call we begin with the UML model of the VSD and the UTG value set resource design and fully understand the impact on versioning of change in <compose> or other header metadata.