Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meeting url: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/vocab

Date

Time

noon EST UTC-5

Attendees

Planned Agenda Topics

  • Review of current state
  • Versioning the UTG objects
  • Fall development and testing planning

Meeting Notes

Time

Item

Who

Notes

Time

Item

Who

Notes

1mRoll call and agenda check

Ted

  • Call started at 12:11PM EST with quorum reached.  Issues with host login for FCC today.
  • No new agenda topics.
5mReview of status Ted/Jess
  1. Josh working on the solution to the GitHub/BitBucket sync issue
  2. Grahame has been contacted re: the polyhierarchy issue
  3. Grahame has been contacted re: the code system detail rendering
  4. Grahame still traveling, Ted will send an email requesting time to go over the issues and solutions and schedule
  5. CDA content cleaned up, Ted in continuous dialogue with the CDA folks to refine it
20mImplementation Of The Versioning SolutionCarol/Jess

The design for versioning was decided on previous calls and the main Vocabulary WG calls (see older minutes for details).  We now have to dtetemine the implementation of the design vis a vis the obects having existing versions from the 3 product families (V2, V3, and FHIR) 

  1. We will implement a 3 part versioning identifier: major versions, minor version, error patch/technical correction.   Confluence discussion of this can be found here 
  2. Each of the 3 clauses will be an integer (e.g. 2.1.0)
  3. Classification of UTG versioning changes by resource (major, minor or technical correction) and by product family as specified in #2 in the UTG versioning discussion page
  4. Code System refinements:
    1. Changs to OID and Defining URI both is a different code system, not any versioned change.
    2. Major number increments driven by changes that require behavior change in the systems and servers that implement the code system
    3. Major increment by add or delete concept code, status change to/from Active to Retired, Active→Backwards Compatible, or Deprecated→Backward Compatible. Also when a change to a defining characteristic, such as a move in the hierarchy or an addition of another parent in the hierarchy, or changes to defining relationships.    Also properties that are defining such as isSelectable.    Changes to <name>, 
    4. Minor increment by change Status Active→Deprecated, wording changes with no meaning change to a print name or description, or usage notes.   Changes to properties that are not defining, such as synonymCode.  Addition of language translations of the text bits (print names, descriptions. etc.).  For Code System metadata, <title>, <Committee> or <Steward>, <Publisher>
    5. Error/Technical Correction increments when pro-forma cleanup is done for 'garbage characters', typos, and the like.
    6. We must go through all of the known properties in V3, V2, and FHIR material in UTG and classify changes to each one as Major or Minor as per rules above.
  5. Value Set Refinements
    1. Any meaningful change to definitional elements means a new Value Set Definition (not version). This includes scope and immutable.  Also any change to the Defining URI and OID both.
    2. Major number increment with change to URI or OID without changing the other, ... TBD
  6. We have run out of time on today's call.  Next call we begin with the UML model of the VSD and the UTG value set resource design and fully understand the impact on versioning of change in <compose> or other header metadata.
20mImmediate prioritiesJess
  1. Improve verbiage and documentation for rendered pages. Folks to help are being solicited. 
  2. Follow up with CDA Mgt group on review/examination of the content being rendered
    1. Still need to have the discussions about the VSAC material esp. in light of the recent email chains about code "NP" in NullFlavor
  3. Redesign of the configuration for new IGPublisher
    1. Scheduled time for Lloyd and Ted on Monday
  4. Redesign of the page generation and publishing
    1. Document how publishing must work now
    2. Dig up Grahame's link for the publishing instructions
    3. Design and plan the coremif generation integration
    4. Ted needs to open dialogue with Lynn on this
20mFall 2019 PlanningTed/Jess
  1. Testing?
  2. TSC in-depth demo on January 20th during TSC call
10mOther longer term itemsTed
  1. We need major QA on the content
    1. Cleanup the V2 and V3 content for the initial live rollout
    2. Complete the cleanup of the CDA content
    3. Figure out what needs to be done for the FHIR content (ie the stuff being cleaned up on the FHIR 'Internal' tab)
    4. Ask the product line management groups to look at the content in UTG and let us know if there seem to be obvious errors and what those errors are so we can fix them before Sydney.  Maybe ask next week.
  2. Put list of what will be needed in Sydney together for the go/no-go decision the first week of January by the project team
  3. Need to setup the list NOW for the immediate items that must be addressed as soon as we go live
    1. Editing of manifests
    2. We have a running list on Confluence of these.  Update it! Open Issues and Deficiencies in UTG Tooling
  4. VSAC
  5. CIMI/SOLOR (Keith Campbell)
  6. LOINC value set definitions interface for IGs

Call adjournedTedCall adjourned at 1:02PM EST.   Next call is scheduled for two weeks from now on December 10, same call logistics. 

Action items

  • Jessica Snellask Dave to pull together a list of all of our defined properties in the UTG code systems and value sets so we can classify them as driving Major or Minor revision changes.   Also all of the metadata tags in the extensions that we have defined for CodeSystem.