Primary activities of the Version 2 Management Group, as identified within the Business Architecture Model (BAM) include:
- Planning aspects of product line/family changes
- Developing and maintaining an inventory of products in the product family (inclusive of more detailed components)
- Assessing and approving product line-specific project proposals for submission to the TSC
- Assessing and approving publishing requests for submission to the TSC
- Creating Product recommendations
- Ensuring that quality assurance criteria are in place and applied
- Escalating unresolved issues to the TSC
- Defining priorities within the priority management criteria which the Governance Board has created
- Supporting activities such as education and Connectathons
- Ensuring that the Work Group's development of products uses the product family methodology
Additional activities shall include:
- Proposing to SGB, as needed, precepts for the product family and adhere to those established by the SGB
- Managing the 2.x change request process
The Version 2-MG is composed of six to ten members representing a variety of stakeholder perspectives with voting privileges. Each member is appointed by the TSC with consideration of the recommendations of the SGB.
- The HL7 Chief Technical Officer (CTO) ex officio and Product Director designee as appropriate
- Four or five member representatives from across the organization representing more than one steering division. Supporting a variety of stakeholder perspectives and domain needs. These include, but are not limited to:
- At least one member to represent the “international” (non-US) perspective appointed by the TSC with consideration of the recommendations of the SGB and the International Council.
- At least one member to serve as liasion to SGB
- Up to four additional ad-hoc members:
- Each member is appointed by the TSC with consideration of the recommendations of the SGB based on their technical interest and understanding of Version 2 methodology, conformance, vocabulary, organizational and/or management expertise.
- Members should have domain experience in the following areas:
- Admit Discharge Transfer
- Constraints on membership:
- Member terms will be 2 years and renewable at the discretion of the Technical Steering Committee (TSC)
- Constraints on co-chair-ship:
- Co-chairs will be selected by the members of the group and will have terms of 2 years.
- The co-chairs of the management group may not also be a co-chair of the product family methodology group, nor the SGB
- Co-chair and member terms are staggered such that approximately 50% of the member terms expire in each year.
- For the first vote, the candidate with the highest affirmative/negative relationship will run for a 2 year's term.
- All members, including ex-officio members, have a vote.