The Version 2 Management Group provides day-to-day oversight of the processes and products related to Version 2 throughout their lifecycle. This includes ensuring Version 2 product quality, setting product strategy, monitoring scope and consistency in accordance with Standards Governance Board (SGB) principles and aiding in the resolution of Version 2 related intra and inter-work group issues.
The Version 2 Management Group will focus its energy on enabling and ensuring the following:
- Conformance, Vocabulary and Infrastructure and Message (InM) work together with the management group to develop quality criteria for the Version 2 products
- Version 2 development is coordinated and consistent across the organization and of high quality
- Work groups receive timely feedback and guidance on Version 2 products
- Work group development of Version 2 products are aligned with the broader goals of HL7 and its constituent communities
- Work groups act in a coordinated manner with quick resolution of Version 2 related disputes
- Work groups understand what is expected of them and have access to the skills and tools necessary to perform their domain specific Version 2 related work
- Known Version 2 risks are recorded, managed, and reviewed regularly per the SGB precept on vitality assessment.
Formal Relationships With Other HL7 Groups
- The Version 2-MG reports to the TSC
- The Version 2-MG is responsible for adhering to precepts established by the SGB
- The Version 2-MG provides advice and recommendations to the SGB
- The Version 2-MG coordinates with Infrastructure and Messaging for Version 2 Methodology
The Version 2-MG coordinates with the Publishing WG regarding V2 Publishing and Electronic Services and Tools regarding V2 tooling
Formal Relationship With Groups Outside of HL7
- The Version 2-MG has no formal relationships with groups outside HL7.
HL7 Work Group Liaisons
- Clinical Genomics - TBD
- Conformance - Rob Snelick
- Financial Management - TBD
- InM - Tony Julian
- Orders and Observations - Riki Merrick
- Patient Administration - TBD
- Patient Care - TBD
- Public Health - Craig Newman
- Publishing - TBD
- Structured Documents - TBD
- Vocabulary - TBD
HL7 International Affiliate Liaisons
- HL7 Germany - Frank Oemig
The v2 Management Group meets weekly. The calls alternate between 9AM Eastern and 3PM Eastern to ensure convenient times across a variety of time zones. See the HL7 Conference Call Center for more details.