Monday, October 10, 1:00-2:30AM UTC
Monday, October 10, 9:00-10:30AM USA ET
Monday, October 11, 11:00-12:30AM (next day) AEST
Tuesday, October 11, 2:00-3:30AM NZDT
M - TSMG Member
O -Observer / Guest
P - present
A - Apologies
X - (Apologies with Proxy)
|M (Co-Chair)||P||Clinical Architecture|
|M (Co-Chair)||X -Reuben||The Johns Hopkins University|
|M (CSDO)||HL7 International|
|M (TSMG Rep to the TSC)||P||MD Partners, Inc.|
|M||P||National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)|
|M||X - Reuben||HL7 New Zealand|
|O||Canada Health Infoway|
|O||P||National Library of Medicine|
|O||Hausam Consulting LLC|
|O||Joe Flack||Johns Hopkins BIDS|
|O||Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC)|
|O||John Snyder||National Library of Medicine (US)|
|O||Ted Klein||TK Consulting|
|O||Ravi Kafle||Washington State Department of Health|
|O||Martha Jones||HL7 Intern|
|O||Riki Merrick||Vernetzt, LLC|
|O||Eric Prudhommeaux||Janeiro Digital|
|O||David Booth||Yosemite Project|
Professional Associations, such as HL7, which bring together competing entities are subject to strict scrutiny under applicable antitrust laws. HL7 recognizes that the antitrust laws were enacted to promote fairness in competition and, as such, supports laws against monopoly and restraints of trade and their enforcement. Each individual participating in HL7 meetings and conferences, regardless of venue, is responsible for knowing the contents of and adhering to the HL7 Antitrust Policy as stated in §05.01 of the Governance and Operations Manual (GOM).
Minutes Approved as Presented
This is to approve minutes via general consent. "You have received the minutes. Are there any corrections to the minutes? (pause) Hearing none, if there are no objections, the minutes are approved as printed."
Meeting was recorded
- New time for this meeting
- Finalize next month...
- Daylight saving changes
- Fonteva upgrade
- TSMG appointments for 2023
- Slate needs to be developed
- Expiring members and willingness to stand again (y/n)
- Davera - yes
- Sylvia - no
- Rob M - no
- Peter - no
- Michael - yes
- Roel - yes
- JB: Next THO freeze is planned for October 23
- Announcements went to Zulip, co-chair list...
- Action item from 10-10 meeting: release notes? enumerating tickets included
- Action item from 10-10 meeting: need to determine version #
|TSMG Standing Subcommittee Updates|
| HL7 Terminology / Unified Terminology Governance (THO/UTG)||As needed||JB/RM/CC|
- Terminology expectations for IG developers
| HL7 Terminology / Unified Terminology Governance (THO/UTG)||10||RD/JB|
- Fixing errors and warnings due to missing metadata elements in THO:
Getting issue details...
- Mostly V3 content
- MF - Perhaps leave the warnings as the build isn't broken (no errors). Anything programmatically hacked to get rid of the warnings, can you revert it after the build to put them back?
- RD - Do what is requested with the understanding that we come back and come up with a more permanent solution, even if it means removing (not simply retiring) these records.
- JB moves - Approve changes in UP-349
- MF - Seconds with friendly amendment to commit to addressing root problem after the build at some not too distant date
- Motion carries 6-0-0
- Standard copyright for HL7 content
- CC0 is the most appropriate license to apply.
- Licensing info to THO: https://build.fhir.org/ig/HL7/UTG/branches/UP-356-add-copyright-and-ip-information-to-tho-web-pages/index.html
- JB: One future improvement would be to include the link to the applicable licensing information in the yellow warning box at the top of each page.
- RD: Breadcrumbs show THO licensing page under "External Terminologies", probably not intentional
- CM: Can we get a more specific statement on what is included in "HL7 Terminology" as the license states broadly that is "license terms for THO". Does this mean anything found at THO outside of third party content.
- JB to check with Dan on TSMG questions. Next release not for approximately four months.
- CM moves to approve the licensing page as it stands with the understanding that clarification will be made to specify what is included in "HL7 Terminology" and the breadcrumb will be updated before it is officially published in the next release of THO.
- MF seconds
- Motion carries 8-0-0
- Workflow for THO releases (moving content approved in ballot to THO AND how to handle missed THO deadline)
- Requires discussion - priority item to resolve
- This is a key component of the IG Developer tutorial
- Versioning policy for UTG/THO
- Finished proposal for HL7 Code System elements
- There are a few higher level considerations before moving over to Value Sets
- Many CodeSystems use terminology.hl7.org urls when they should be hl7.org/fhir
Getting issue details...
- UTG/THO subcommittee working through differences across elements for duplicates to determine what is consequential
- Tutorial to FHIR-I at WGM - terminology expectations / UTG process
- JB will share slides: good starter content for IG developer tutorial
- Connectathon track disposition
- DG: Motion to cease the current Connectathon track in its current configuration. JB Seconds. Motion passes 6-0-0.
- OHDSI Annual Symposium October 15-18. Bethesda, MD
- FHIR + OMOP Workshops Saturday 10/15
- Education / Outreach Subgroup meetings - rescheduling
- Zulip text mining →intro at next Co-chairs (TSC) call
- FHIR Terminology Education
- Outlines from WGM Tutorials analysis
- Identifying 3 Tutorials
- Intro to FHIR Terminology
- Advanced FHIR Terminology
- Terminology for IG developers - a request from Grahame
- RM: also add: creating value Sets for ECQMs - selection of content
- RD: there was a great deal of interest in the terminology training
- There is also a need for some basics: there persists some confusion
- JB: there are a lot of documents re: to policy - we could use a repository for these
- create a plan between Vocab & TSMG - in one place
- HL7 / OHDSI Transformathon
- May 5-7 & 15-16, 2023 (New Orleans & TBD)
- Bringing OHDSI & FHIR Technical Communities together
- De-identified FHIR RWD (crufty: NOT synthetic) to transform to OMOP
- Gather issues, review / resolve in 5/15-16 sessions
- Proposal from CMG / OHDSI communities re: developing a core UCUM Value Set (Upcoming)
|HL7 Terminology Authority (HTA)|
- ICHOM folks came to HTA call this week, provided guidance on use of external terminologies vs local content development
- American Type Culture Collection (ATCC) erroneously was imported at the time THO was first populated with an incorrect URL (which is the correct URL for WHO's Anatomical Therapeutic Chemical (ATC). HTA agreed to delete the existing ATCC record as it was 1) included in the code system records that were retired due to no exiting work group or management group claiming use and 2) it was completely wrong from it's existence
- UICC TNM was approved to be added with the 8th edition information (OID and URI)
|Technical Steering Committee (TSC) matters||10||RM|
Product Management Council
- THO challenges around making it source of truth
- PMC met 7Oct22 - no terminology representation
- RM: anyone can attend this meeting - follow-up to clarify that
- RM: the THO issue raised by Jean D.
- use of VSAC or sources outside of HL7
- per PMC meeting minutes "Discussion over request from Jean for a policy around when terminology must be in THO vs. external for IGs"
- also ties into the THO policy development
TSC Membership - (deferred: RM not available at 10:12)
- RM will take to the TSC: 4 year terms, then one year off and establishing 2 alternate members as outlined above
- RM: update re: proposal from TSMG?
- in TSC meeting: other management groups had not yet discussed this topic. This will be reviewed in today's (this week's) TSS meeting. Update next week
- Bryn will bring back this update if RM is not available
- Deprecation Policy and Implementation
- Tabs created
- Deprecation Policy Framework
- Issue logged to render identifier.period: https://github.com/HL7/fhir-ig-publisher/issues/455
- Lloyd disagrees with rendering identifier.period. Would rather hold deprecated identifiers in naming systems but enhance tooling to link code systems to their identifier systems based on url
- RD: this is the intended purpose for the CodeSystem / ValueSet can be linked to corresponding naming system established by the code system: url value is equivalent to the preferred url in the name - so they should
- RD: is Lloyd going to provide a link to the naming system?
- JB: need to establish this as policy before he should go do this
- RD: will discuss this with Grahame to understand what his position is
|Parking Lot |
- Terminology Server (Implementation Requirement)
- Follow-up from WGM - next steps re: terminology server (service) requirements (1-page description)
- Needs to clearly state why we do not have what is needed in the currently available services including THO or tx.fhir.org
- Jess / Reuben / Rob Hausam/Davera
- Distributed Terminology Services Track Proposal - draft in process
- UTG / THO Subcommittee work in progress
- Vocab WG follow-up: Policy Requiring Identification of Stewards for HL7 (Internal) Code Systems