Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Subcommittee Lead: Jessica Bota 

Supporting TSMG Co-Chair: Reuben Daniels 


Tuesday 8:00-9:00PM UTC

Tuesday 4:00-5:00PM USA EDT

Wednesday 6:00-7:00AM AEST

Wednesday 9:00-10:00AM NZDT 

See for meeting details.


Attendee type:

M - TSMG Member

O -Observer / Guest


P - present

A - Apologies

X - (Apologies with Proxy)



M (Co-Chair)PReuben DanielsSaludax

Jess Bota

Apelon, Inc.

Lisa Nelson


Michael Faughn

National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
Davera GabrielJohns Hopkins University Institute for Clinical and Translational Research

Dan Vreeman

HL7 International

Ted Klein

Klein Consulting

Marc Duteau 

HL7 International

Joan Harper

Canada Health Infoway

John Snyder

National Library of Medicine

Rob Hausam


Alex Kontur

Ravi KafleWashington State Department of Health
Abdullah RafiqiICF
Hope GrayUAB - Birmingham, HL7 Intern
Martha JonesGeorge Mason, HL7 Intern

Antitrust statement

Professional Associations, such as HL7, which bring together competing entities are subject to strict scrutiny under applicable antitrust laws. HL7 recognizes that the antitrust laws were enacted to promote fairness in competition and, as such, supports laws against monopoly and restraints of trade and their enforcement. Each individual participating in HL7 meetings and conferences, regardless of venue, is responsible for knowing the contents of and adhering to the HL7 Antitrust Policy as stated in §05.01 of the Governance and Operations Manual (GOM).

Agenda Topics

Meeting was recorded

Agenda Outline

Time Allocation


Agenda Item
  • Rollcall & Proxies
  • Note that meetings are recorded
  • Agenda check

Purpose of call is to review open tickets in the UTG Jira project (UP), specifically tickets in the following states:

  • Consensus Review
  • Waiting For Input
  • Proposal Draft
  • Environment Setup
Next THO release5mJB
  • THO is frozen in preparation for the next published release, which is expected prior to the September WGM
  • The CI build is down to 0 warnings 
    • Many non-consequential warnings have been suppressed
    • Goal is to have a 'clean build'
  • Discussed challenges of publishing V2 content
    • Discussing long term strategy on WGM 
    • Need to ensure value sets excluding inactive codes are generating correctly
    • Need to align content and have plan for maintaining moving forward
  • Last minute thoughts
  • Reuben will add an agenda item for determining the version of the next published release to the HTA call Thursday morning and ensure we will have proxies/quorum
UTG/THO Education Session at WGM15mJB
  • Discuss goals and agenda
    • FHIR committers lunch on Monday 
    • Can ask Brian to share his experience
    • Leaders: Jess, Reuben, Marc, Ted?
    • Need a "why THO" slide 
      • Harmonization wasn't working, this was a policy decision at the highest level
      • Grab this from previous presentations
    • Go through example of adding a code to a Code System
    • Do best to record the session to share with others
    • Flag videos that are available on YouTube
    • Mention there is a process for IG devs to bypass SourceTree install
Ticket Review30mJB

Note that we really need to make sure new content has an OID assigned!

The five tickets in consensus review have been there for quite some time and most require some kind of cleanup. Jessica Bota Follow up with submitters personally to help move them along.

Reminder about Artifact Versioning Task Force5m JB
Adjournment0m JBCall adjourned at 5:00 PM EDT. Next call will be after the September WGM

Action items

  •  Jessica Bota Follow up with submitters of UTG tickets in Consensus Review to help move them along