Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Subcommittee Lead: Jessica Bota 

Supporting TSMG Co-Chair: Reuben Daniels 


Tuesday 8:00-9:00PM UTC

Tuesday 4:00-5:00PM USA EDT

Wednesday 6:00-7:00AM AEST

Wednesday 9:00-10:00AM NZDT 

See for meeting details.


Attendee type:

M - TSMG Member

O -Observer / Guest


P - present

A - Apologies

X - (Apologies with Proxy)



M (Co-Chair)PReuben DanielsSaludax

Jess Bota

Apelon, Inc.

Lisa Nelson


Michael Faughn

National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
Davera GabrielJohns Hopkins University Institute for Clinical and Translational Research

Dan Vreeman

HL7 International

Ted Klein

Klein Consulting

Marc Duteau 

HL7 International

Joan Harper

Canada Health Infoway

John Snyder

National Library of Medicine

Rob Hausam


Alex Kontur

OPRavi KafleWashington State Department of Health
Abdullah RafiqiICF
OPHope GrayUAB - Birmingham, HL7 Intern
OPMartha JonesGeorge Mason, HL7 Intern

Antitrust statement

Professional Associations, such as HL7, which bring together competing entities are subject to strict scrutiny under applicable antitrust laws. HL7 recognizes that the antitrust laws were enacted to promote fairness in competition and, as such, supports laws against monopoly and restraints of trade and their enforcement. Each individual participating in HL7 meetings and conferences, regardless of venue, is responsible for knowing the contents of and adhering to the HL7 Antitrust Policy as stated in §05.01 of the Governance and Operations Manual (GOM).

Agenda Topics

Meeting was recorded

Agenda Outline

Time Allocation


Agenda Item
  • Rollcall & Proxies
  • Note that meetings are recorded
  • Agenda check

Purpose of call is to review open tickets in the UTG Jira project (UP), specifically tickets in the following states:

  • Consensus Review
  • Waiting For Input
  • Proposal Draft
  • Environment Setup
Follow-up on THO vs. FHIR discussion15mJB
  • Discussed with Grahame on TSMG main call, 7/25
  • Need to determine the following:
    • Content that exists in both THO and R5 with the same canonical URL
      1. Exact match on content - remove resource from R5
        1. Grahame modified version so that it referenced THO or FHIR based on the version, not sure logic for validation though
        2. If minor version is 1, it was migrated as part of 4.0 cleanup and 4.1 prep. If 3, it was part of prep for R4B, Ted saw some with minor version a 6
        3. All have a major version of 0 in THO due to some build hack to pull out the right thing and not give duplicate resource errors
      2. Versions are different - look to see if the content is different & determine which content is correct - a manual review
      3. Content is different, do manual review to determine which is the most up to date - another manual process
    • Content anchored in THO that only exists in R5
      1. Move to THO and remove from R5
    • Check for content in THO
    • Determine handling of value sets that reference THO anchored code systems
  • Michael provided some very useful comparisons today, 8/9 (POST FILES HERE)  
    • From fhir spec, find url for all code systems and value sets anchored in
    • From THO, find url for all code systems and value sets
    • These compare the THO CI build NPM packages and the FHIR R5 snapshot from 12/2021
    • Will also compare THO CI build and FHIR R4B packages to see differences there
    • Need to determine which element changes are important
    • Ask Grahame/Lloyd why NPM packages aren't being generated from the CI build
    • Also need to log bug about the broken THO packages, template for generating packages 
      • May not need to encrypt everything through THO (https)
      • Works if you change url manually to https
    • Jess to summarize things for vocab co-chair call tomorrow
    • This is potentially a WGM topic as it involves multiple groups
    • Need to determine if this fix can happen after 8/21, as there is still a lot of analysis to occur
    • Marc and Jess to review files





Next THO release5mJB
  • Jess will post to Zulip on the committers thread to see if a THO release is needed prior to the R5 content deadline
    • Did not receive any responses
  • Reuben mentioned one driver for a publication may be the addition of the "using X with FHIR" pages that he is adding to THO over the weekend
Ticket Review30mJB

Note that we really need to make sure new content has an OID assigned!

Tickets to be reviewed this week: 

UP-246 - Getting issue details... STATUS - ticket made quorum and tagged vocab members for additional votes

UP-255 - Getting issue details... STATUS - tagged Lisa in comment to see if we can break this ticket into two. Some were comfortable voting since the code was present and essentially removed without a vote in the first place

Marc to work with Matt Elrod on following three tickets (related to deprecation):

UP-263 - Getting issue details... STATUS

UP-264 - Getting issue details... STATUS

UP-265 - Getting issue details... STATUS

Handling of V2 UTG tickets:

  • Michael will bring list of V2 related UTG tickets to V2MG for further review and potential next steps
    • V2MG has been carving out time to work on these tickets, already got through a few, hopefully more this Friday
  • T Key Summary Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution Created Updated Due

Reminder about Artifact Versioning Task Force2m JB
Adjournment0m JBCall adjourned at 5:00 PM EDT. Next call in two weeks at 4:00PM EDT August, 23 2022.

Action items