Monday, July 18, 1:00-2:30AM UTC
Monday, July 18, 9:00-10:30AM USA ET
Monday, July 18, 11:00-12:30AM (next day) AEST
Tuesday, July 19, 2:00-3:30AM NZDT
M - TSMG Member
O -Observer / Guest
P - present
A - Apologies
X - (Apologies with Proxy)
|M (Co-Chair)||P||Clinical Architecture|
|M (Co-Chair)||P||The Johns Hopkins University|
|M (CSDO)||HL7 International|
|M (TSMG Rep to the TSC)||P||MD Partners, Inc.|
|M||P||National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)|
|M||X - proxy to Reuben||HL7 New Zealand|
|O||P||Canada Health Infoway|
|O||National Library of Medicine|
|O||Hausam Consulting LLC|
|O||Joe Flack||Johns Hopkins BIDS|
|O||Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC)|
|O||John Snyder||National Library of Medicine (US)|
|O||Ted Klein||TK Consulting|
|O||Ravi Kafle||Washington State Department of Health|
|O||P||Hope Gray||HL7 Intern|
|O||P||Martha Jones||HL7 Intern|
|O||Riki Merrick||Vernetzt, LLC|
|P||Eric Prudhommeaux||Janeiro Digital|
|P||Joe Amlung||Reginstrief Instutute|
|P||David Booth||Yosemite Project|
Professional Associations, such as HL7, which bring together competing entities are subject to strict scrutiny under applicable antitrust laws. HL7 recognizes that the antitrust laws were enacted to promote fairness in competition and, as such, supports laws against monopoly and restraints of trade and their enforcement. Each individual participating in HL7 meetings and conferences, regardless of venue, is responsible for knowing the contents of and adhering to the HL7 Antitrust Policy as stated in §05.01 of the Governance and Operations Manual (GOM).
Minutes Approved as Presented
This is to approve minutes via general consent. "You have received the minutes. Are there any corrections to the minutes? (pause) Hearing none, if there are no objections, the minutes are approved as printed."
Meeting was recorded
- Note that meetings are recorded
- Welcome to members and observers
- January 2023 Ballot Cycle Deadlines
- August 21st, 2022: TSC Approval of PSS
- November 1st, 2022: NIB Deadline (6 weeks prior to ballot opening)
- Contract work announcement for web-based terminology resource editor for FHIR
- Working group meeting registration has started - please register
- TSMG appointments for 2023 - eMail to Dan V on 23June22
- AI: Davera will follow-up with Dan V - done, no response
- Response from Dan remains outstanding
- Rob M will follow-up this week with inquiry
|TSMG Standing Subcommittee Updates|
- September Connectathon
- Outreach / Education Topics
- Weekly meetings over summer: request to add to conference call calendar
- Zulip Terminology Stream Analysis - in process preliminary results
- Concept Count preliminary results here - additional topics, especially coding systems
- conversation length analyses
- Individual persons - will group to HL7 role
- Individuals would be reviewed and their roles assigned to better understand what kind of person asks certain kinds of questions
- Co-chair terminology presentation: FAQs needed
| HL7 Terminology / Unified Terminology Governance (THO/UTG)||10||RD/JB|
- E-vote for review of terminology expectations for IG developers
- Terminology Expectations for IG Developers (Working)
- E-vote has been set up: 2022-07-11 TSMG e-Vote
- RM / LM: was not aware of the notification to respond to the eVote
- RM: requesting there are announcements to go to Zulip for eVoting
- RD: is this sufficient notification? posting to Zulip? Zulip + eMail (listserv) should be sufficient
- CM: did not get notification via eMail.
- RD: suggestion that for the Listserv notification be "TSMG eVote" at the front edge of the subject line to support noticing the eMail, rules et al
- RM: requesting an additional week for review - updated request - for next week 7/25 call
- Some additional discussion will ensue in the subgroup call tomorrow
- THO release schedule
- THO release schedule added to HL7 calendar: HL7 Calendars
- Freeze dates and anticipated release dates for THO included
- RM: please also announce this in Zulip: in UTG Stream, also Implementers, Committers & Announcements streams
- TSMG will send out reminders about upcoming ballot freezes and once publications are available to the co-chair list
- R5 ballot: may close the week before the WGM... out of cycle
- Jess AI: follow-up with Grahame re: the timing of the R5 ballot close. As there needs to be a THO release in the context of this
- David Booth (in chat): "According to Lloyd( in Zulip here): " (May 16-17 timeframe)1:23 PM Based on the feedback from across the work groups at the WGM, the FMG has voted to proceed with the 'late' Sept. 2022 cycle timeframe for the R5 ballot. This means that the deadline for final content will be Aug. 21 and ballot will close mid-October. We'll provide more details on specifics around QA process, etc. closer to that date. Discussion on #committers or #implementers "
- Versioning policy for UTG/THO
- Reuben sent out doodle poll last week for new task force to define versioning policies for:
- External code system metadata records
- Value sets
- Naming systems
- Concept maps
- Poll is closed Meeting will happen on Wednesdays at 4pm EASTERN. Reuben will create calendar entry and these will start next week.
- Many CodeSystems use terminology.hl7.org urls when they should be hl7.org/fhir
Getting issue details...
- Rob Hausam was able to determine that Grahame changed the uris back in July 2018
- Should remove these from R5 prior to the FHIR content deadline
- Note that THO code systems reference value sets anchored in hl7.org/fhir as well as the value set in THO
- This is due to those hl7.org/fhir being published in R4/R4B
- A comparison from this commit must be performed. Per Rob H: this is ~1600 files, thus this cannot be a manual process to inventory / check the possible changes.
- Must be done before R5 - a high priority task
- Can we escalate this other technical resources?
- This doesn't require a terminology SME. A comparison need to be established: can be a scripted process
- Rob H: Version differences, but there may not be content differences. we have not established that. Perhaps only duplicates.
- Content that exists in both THO and R5 with the same canonical URL
- Exact match on content - remove resource from R5
- Grahame modified version so that it referenced THO or FHIR based on the version, not sure logic for validation though
- If minor version is 1, it was migrated as part of 4.0 cleanup and 4.1 prep. If 3, it was part of prep for R4B, Ted saw some with minor version a 6
- All have a major version of 0 in THO due to some build hack to pull out the right thing and not give duplicate resource errors
- Versions are different - look to see if the content is different & determine which content is correct - a manual review
- Content is different, do manual review to determine which is the most up to date - another manual process
- Content anchored in THO that only exists in R5
- Move to THO and remove from R5
- Determine handling of hl7.org/fhir value sets that reference THO anchored code systems
Getting issue details...
- Per agreed upon policy and process, the URI, once declared and used, will not be changed.
- Agree, proposed resolution to change type to non-preferred and adding a new URI is not acceptable
- RB, ST: this should be changed
- John Snyder (in chat): May want to keep it because there is also https://www.nlm.nih.gov/research/umls/sourcereleasedocs/current/ICF-CY/index.html so we could end up having "ICF-CY" International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health for Children and Youth) - Synopsis
- There may be some small number exception cases
- discussion: what circumstances for exception?
- RB: a translation is not appropriate as a canonical identifier
- CM (in chat): https://www.hl7.org/oid/index.cfm?Comp_OID=2.16.840.1.113883.6.254
- RM: TSMG needs NL & WHO to make an "official" request that this original URL / reference is intended to be a specific translation and is thus not an appropriate designation for the canonical URL. This more formal request is different than a more casual request
- ST (in chat): https://www.whofic.nl/familie-van-internationale-classificaties/referentie-classificaties/icf
- CM: suggesting that the original assertion is incorrect and that the solution is to add a new one representing the international designation (the official ICF URL) in the description and not to change the established canonical URL
- as a follow-up add a ticket to add this
- The following in red were not reviewed for lack of time
- Subcommittee work in progress
- Deprecation Policy and Implementation
- Filling slots for UTG OSG Voters
- Management Groups for Product Family OSGs
- FMG: John Moerke (Bryn discussing final slots with FHIR-I today)
- CMG: Lisa Nelson, Alexander Henket, Marc Duteau
- V2: Michael Faughn, Frank Oemig, Rob Snelick
- Vocab WG follow-up: Policy Requiring Identification of Stewards for HL7 (Internal) Code Systems
|IRIs in FHIR & UTG content||up to 40 mins||Gaurav Vaidya|
RDF subgroup of the HL7 Implementable Technology Standards (ITS) working group presented a proposal on supporting concept IRIs in FHIR by incorporating IRI stems into the UTG repository to the HL7 Vocab WG last Thursday (item 4 on the agenda Apart from some great feedback, the Vocab WG suggested that we present our proposal at the Monday TSMG meeting so that we could get feedback from a wider group of HL7 members, in particular the HL7 Terminology Authority and UTG/THO.
- Vocab WG presentation sides are here (took about 20 minutes)
- This generated 10-20 minutes of discussion and feedback,
- The full proposal as it currently stands is here
- Group would like to get feedback from TSMG.
- Proposal and questions from Vocab WG is in the slides / presentation:
- Who gets to pick IRI stems and with what criteria?
- How do we deal with versioning?
- How do we deal with characters that aren’t ASCII?
- Should FHIR ValueSets be changed to better support concept IRIs?
- Per RM: this entire proposal is not a "should" as much is this is a "how" per the resource constraints
- RM: HL7 doesn't need as much input re: developing stems
- LM (in chat): Would we need to ask the same question for CodeSystems? Should FHIR CodeSystems be changed to better support concept IRIs? and NamingSystems would need to be changed to better support IRI stems too, right?
| Technical Steering Committee (TSC) matters||10||RM|
- Requirement for web-based authoring environment - will be a feature of editing tool out for contract
- Leadership elections in process for TSC - please vote of you are able to
|Terminology Server (Implementation Requirement)|
- Follow-up from WGM - next steps re: terminology server (service) requirements (1-page description)
- Needs to clearly state why we do not have what is needed in the currently available services including THO or tx.fhir.org
- Jess / Reuben / Rob Hausam/Davera