Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Chair: Reuben Daniels 

Scribe: Davera Gabriel 

Date/Time: 

Monday, April 25, 1:00-2:30PM UTC

Monday, April 25,  9:00-10:30AM USA ET

Monday, April 26, 11:00-12:30AM (next day) AEST

Tuesday, April 26, 2:00-3:30AM NZDT   



Attendees

Attendee type:

M - TSMG Member

O -Observer / Guest

Attendance:

P - present

A - Apologies

X - (Apologies with Proxy)

Name

Affiliation

M (Co-Chair)x- proxy to RDClinical Architecture
M (Co-Chair)PThe Johns Hopkins University
M (Co-Chair)PSaludax
M (CSDO)PHL7 International
M (TSMG Rep to the TSC)PMD Partners, Inc.
M

X - proxy to RD

Alphora
MPApelon, Inc.
M
MaxMD
MPNational Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
MX – RD ProxyHL7 New Zealand
MAPrecipius b.v.
M
HL7 Germany
O
Health Intersections
OPCanada Health Infoway
OPNational Library of Medicine
O
Hausam Consulting LLC
O
SNOMED International
O
ICF 
OPMITRE
O
Joe FlackJohns Hopkins BIDS
O
Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC)
OPJohn SnyderNational Library of Medicine (US)
O
Ted KleinTK Consulting
O
Lloyd Mackenzie
O
Ravi KafleWashington State Department of Health
O
Doug DeShazoLexisNexis
O
MaryKay McDanielFM/Markam
O
Corey Spears
OPJohn SpinosaLantana


Antitrust statement

Professional Associations, such as HL7, which bring together competing entities are subject to strict scrutiny under applicable antitrust laws. HL7 recognizes that the antitrust laws were enacted to promote fairness in competition and, as such, supports laws against monopoly and restraints of trade and their enforcement. Each individual participating in HL7 meetings and conferences, regardless of venue, is responsible for knowing the contents of and adhering to the HL7 Antitrust Policy as stated in §05.01 of the Governance and Operations Manual (GOM).


Minutes Approved as Presented 

2022-04-11 TSMG Agenda and Minutes

This is to approve minutes via general consent. "You have received the minutes. Are there any corrections to the minutes? (pause) Hearing none, if there are no objections, the minutes are approved as printed."

Agenda Topics 

Meeting was recorded

Agenda Outline

Time allocationLead

Agenda Item

Management5RD
  • Note that meetings are recorded
  • Welcome to members and observers

Administration

10RD
PSS Review

  • ISO 13606/ISO 13940/FHIR Implementation Guide PSS-2040 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    • Motion to accept: RM/ seconded: DG  Motion passes 6-0-0
  • Extended RBC Phenotyping-genotyping FHIR IG PSS-1942 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    • Potential external terminology could be needed to support: ICCBBA / ISBT
    • Once project has progressed with decision regarding utilization of this terminology, then recommendation is to come back to the HTA / TSMG with that decision
    • ISBT was retired with other V3 terminologies - this records will be restored if required in THO as a follow-up to this interaction
  • V2 Gender Harmony PSS-2044 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    • Motion to accept DG.  Seconded: RM  Motion 7-0-0
TSMG Standing Subcommittee Updates


  Outreach10DG
  • HL7 Summer Informatics Intern
    • Focus area of helping creating a smooth onramp to learn best practices in using standard terminologies within
      HL7 standards
    • Proposed deliverable: Confluence content that helps community navigate towards Vocabulary resources 
      • From a newcomer perspective
      • Looking for interview time with TSMG members, Dan & Viet will develop & manage the work plan
      • What do I need to do from a terminology process when developing IGs?
      • Looking for applications from Informatics students:
        • Enrolled for a year, seeking Master's level student
        • Description of internship will be available in the next couple of days for distribution
  • May Connectathon Management
      • Track Schedule is here (informal page),  Track detail page is here
        • External Kick-off Meeting: 4/27 5-6p EASTERN, In-track Welcome: 5/2,11-noon 
        • Adding new session: Vocabulary Normalization Requirements & Strategies Across HL7 Standards hosted by  Lisa Nelson
      • R5 FHIR Terminology Server Minimum Requirements testing
        • Peter Jordan has completed an interim testing facility through posting to termnz server
        • moving forward would require development of a profile
        • GET operations not yet supported - he is seeking feedback
    • OMOP + FHIR Initiative
  HL7 Terminology Authority10

RD

Meeting held Thursday, 21 April 2022

  • CLINVAR-RS

    • HTA-69 - Adding CLINVAR-RS IN PROGRESS
    • Requested additional on how this star rating system would be used as a code system.
    • to be discussed in next week's meeting
  HL7 Terminology / Unified Terminology Governance (THO/UTG)10RD/JB
  • Subcommittee work in progress
    • Approve THO cleanup efforts (as Pro Forma?)
      • Fix the "All HL7 Code Systems" tab to ensure that external code systems are not included: http://build.fhir.org/ig/HL7/UTG/codesystems.html#
      • Add tabs for deprecated content (based on deprecation task force)
      • Add default value of 'true' for all code systems without a <caseSensitive> element (mainly external code systems) unless otherwise specified to resolve warnings in THO
      • Motion to Approve: JB / Second: DG  Motion passes 7-0-0
    • Subcommittee proposes additional call to review UTG tickets in Consensus Review
    • Call for UTG OSG Voters
      • Management Groups for Product Family OSGs 
        • FMG: John Moerke
        • CMG: Lisa Nelson, Alexander Henket
        • V2: Michael Faughn, Frank Oemig, Rob Snelick
    • Vocab WG follow-up: Policy Requiring Identification of Stewards for HL7 (Internal) Code Systems
      • In Vocab WG - Motion passed: Vocab WG recommends that TSMG implement a rule stating that:
        Every HL7 code system in THO must have a steward WG.  The steward WG has to be one of the WGs that are authorized to propose making changes to an HL7 code system in THO. 
      • Out of 797 code systems, 236 do not have a Steward value
        • 38 V2, 147 V3, 47 FHIR, 3 unified code systems
      • Current supported solution is to make corresponding Management Group responsible (by either having them assign the WG responsible or by assigning them to the MG itself)
        • In the FHIR space, it could be the resource owner
          • Vocab WG to run a query for each code system across FHIR core to identify the resources and their responsible WG(s) for each listed code system.
            1. Robert Hausam will check with Lloyd and whether and how we can do this.
            2. Will bring this back for the Vocab call in 2 weeks.
        • V2 - make the V2 management group responsible
        • V3 - will be a multi-management group exercise.  CMG will take a look at the V3 sets first.  FMG will take a look at the list next to determine which is the appropriate responsible party.
          • Austin Kreisler reviewed list of V3 code systems and assigned 3 to Structured Docs
      • List of code systems without steward is here
  • UTG Development status updates
    • Meeting weekly with Lawrence to review automation progress
      • GitLab is configured
      • Working on automatic verification using IG Publisher upon submission of proposed changes
 Technical Steering Committee (TSC) matters10RM
  • Decision Making Practices
    • Default Decision making practices are here, select portions of this document are available to be modified by WGs

    • comparing defining quorum section - changed subcommittee and electronic voting section(s) 

    • also changes to the manner of making routine decisions, whether there is a requirement for voting or not
    • Reuben:  an outstanding unknown issue has to do with how subcommittees make decisions - do they vote or not?
      • Lisa:  CMG doesn't have voting in their sub-groups, Structured Docs also does not vote in their subgroups
    • Sub-committee eVoting: added section "quorum for the TSMG requires that a co-chair and at least 50% of the current members be present... Any sub committee meeting... "  this section should be reviewed by the TSMG membership and approved in an upcoming meeting before going to the TSC
    • Motion to accept changes to document RM, Second: DG  Motion passed 7-0-0
Adjournment


Supporting Documents

Outline Reference

Supporting Document

Minute Approval2022-04-18 TSMG Agenda and Minutes


Tasks

  •