Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Chair: Caroline Macumber 

Scribe: Davera Gabriel 


Wednesday, November 17, 8:00-9:30PM UTC

Wednesday, November 17, 3:00-4:30PM USA ET

Thursday, November 18, 6:00-7:30AM AEST

Thursday, November 18, 9:00-10:30AM NZDT   

Zoom link -

Find your local number:


Attendee type:

M - TSMG Member

O -Observer / Guest


P - present

A - Apologies

X - (Apologies with Proxy)



M (Co-Chair)P (X last 30 mins, Reuben)Clinical Architecture
M (Co-Chair)PThe Johns Hopkins University
M (Co-Chair)PSaludax
M (CTO)X (Peter Jordan)HL7 International
M (TSMG Rep to the TSC)PMD Partners, Inc.
MP (X last 30 mins, Reuben)Alphora
MPApelon, Inc.
MPNational Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
MX (Reuben 1st 30 mins)HL7 New Zealand
MPPrecipius b.v.
MX (Davera)Intermountain Health
HL7 Germany
Health Intersections
Canada Health Infoway
OPNational Library of Medicine
Hausam Consulting LLC
SNOMED International
OPCanada Health Inforway

Antitrust statement

Professional Associations, such as HL7, which bring together competing entities are subject to strict scrutiny under applicable antitrust laws. HL7 recognizes that the antitrust laws were enacted to promote fairness in competition and, as such, supports laws against monopoly and restraints of trade and their enforcement. Each individual participating in HL7 meetings and conferences, regardless of venue, is responsible for knowing the contents of and adhering to the HL7 Antitrust Policy as stated in §05.01 of the Governance and Operations Manual (GOM).

Minutes Approved as Presented 

2021-11-10 TSMG Agenda and Minutes

This is to approve minutes via general consent. "You have received the minutes. Are there any corrections to the minutes? (pause) Hearing none, if there are no objections, the minutes are approved as printed."

Agenda Topics 

items in red font below were not covered due to time constraints

Agenda Outline

Time allocationLead

Agenda Item

  • Welcome to members and guests
  • Rollcall & Proxies
  • Note that meetings are recorded


  • Announcements 
    • open call to all WGs to review the GoM changes (eMail from Karen Van 11/11/21)
  • Holiday Schedule
    • Motion (DG) to cancel meetings 11/24, 12/22, 12/29 motion passes 10-0-0
    • Reuben will cancel on the official calendar
  • Update from TSC on
    • Mission & Charter Approval (RM)
    • DML & Proxies 
      • deferred due to time
    • CIO / CSO replacement on TSMG
      • deferred - no replacement strategy as of yet
      • Peter is acting as proxy for Wayne.  Reuben will discuss permanent replacement with Wayne
TSMG Standing Subcommittee Updates
          HL7 Terminology Authority10


  • Updates - haven't met since last meeting.  Next meeting tomorrow am
  • January Connectathon planning  January 10-12, 2022
    • DG has drafted a Terminology Services track proposal: **Deprecated** 2022-01 Terminology Services
      • Davera will survey the tracks to ask what external terminology content is required
        • Sent eMail to Sandy Vance requesting track lead contact eMail list
  • Update from OMOP-FHIR Terminologies Subgroup
    • OMOP-FHIR All Hands Meeting - December 8, 10a Eastern
    • Collaborations established with CQI/ Registries, Data Model Harmonization & Oncology Use Case Subgroups
    • Aspirations for May 2022 Connectathon / reference implementation
          HL7 Terminology / Unified Terminology Governance (THO/UTG)10JB, RD
  • Publication request for THO v3.0.0 release approved by the TSC
    • Latest IG Publisher update broke the build and need to be resolved prior to the release
    • Grahame committed the fix and we are awaiting an updated version of the Publisher
    • Ted and Grahame to schedule the release once fix is verified
  • Defining requirements for Sprint 2 of development items for the UTG workflow to add release tracking
    • Ted and Jess to meet and finalize requirements
  • Main priority for UTG/THO subcommittee should be to review and approve implementation of the UTG Task Force Recommendations to TSC
    • TSMG input required to define Oversight Group (OSG) voters for each OSG (i.e. V2, Vocab, Realm-based, etc.)
  • Policy on code system metadata records and technical identification records for fragments and complete code system identification records
  • Motion (DG): Under external terminology in THO, code systems marked as fragments or complete shall have code system metadata records and code system identification records.  Second (RM) motion passes 11-0-0
Technical Steering Committee (TSC) matters10RM
Review outline of November/December HL7 FHIR Terminology tutorial10RH

Publishing terminology to the FHIR Ecosystem


Supporting Documents

Outline Reference

Supporting Document

Minute Approval2021-11-10 TSMG Agenda and Minutes