Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Presiding Co-chair:  Heather Grain

Minutes Author:       Heather Grain

Attendees

 Meeting was 2nd February 2018

Name

Company Affiliation

Friday

  

Q1

Q2

Barelds, Roel

 
  •  
  •  

Grain, Heather

 
  •  
  •  

James, Julie

 
  •  
  •  

Klein, Ted

 
  •  
  •  

McClure, Rob

 
  •  
  •  

Narcisi, Jean

 
  •  
  •  

Stuart, Sandy

 
  •  
  •  

Kubrik, Wayne

 
  •  
  •  

Millar, Jane

 
  •  
  •  

Knapp, Paul

 
  •  
  •  

 

 
  •  
  •  

 

 
  •  
  •  

 

 
  •  
  •  

Agenda and Minutes:

Time

Item

Who

Notes

9:00Agenda confirmation Agenda agreed.
9:05Minutes of 4 jan 2018 and 17 Jan 2018 Moved Jean and seconded Ted that the minutes be approve
9:10GOM review - review extract for HTA http://www.hl7.org/special/committees/termauth/docs.cfmHeather

Document updated - to be completed on the next call.

The existing GOM entries were reviewed. Updates were made to the Introduction, to restrict activities to terminology in HL7 standards development and maintenance activities.

Purpose - also updated ot reflect that restricted area of activity and clarity of relationships with other parts of the HL7 structure and process.

Discussion:

The potential for an HTA level process with a relationship to TSC and the Board where we could take more control of HL7 terminology through UTG tooling. For example: creation and curation of key concepts - minimum core set of shared value set definitions and content.

The current break up is:

  • HTA for external terminologies
  • Vocab for processes and general guidance.
  • Harmonisation for content coordination and management.

this approach does not necessarilly deliver quality and content in our terminology content. Harmonisation does provide feedback on the quality of the code system. There is no mandate or resources to do this review and provide that guidance.

It was suggested that we need to review how Vocabulary, the HTA plugs into the UTG process and governance issues.

There needs to be a quality governance process. A process is needed to forward known difficulties or quality issues to the TSC. Responsibilities for the rules are SDG or HTA or a combination of these.

Principle issues are:

  • quality governance process
  • process for development and maintenance of additional content required, associated with external terminologies which are not available to all users.

A draft on the foundations of these requirements and the issues associated with these problems a generalisable version of this would be helpful to the community. A method to say what we need with respect to the bindings and their uses.

9:30TutorialHeatherHeather to prepare detailed tutorial for consideration in calls and to be ready to delivery in Koln.
9:50

Content

Country codes

 

Ted

Processes for harmonisation were discussed. HTA to provide a representative to harmonisation and on the Thursday Night round table.
10:10

Publishing


Ted

HTA should consider how to advise our community on the requirements for NLM.  We need to make sure that we have documented licensing and access control for our users that mimics what NLM has established which will ensure that our users are compliant.  Also consider  Should there be any licensing requirements for access to the UTG content and tooling.

For further discussion on calls

BREAK   
11:00Standards BoardPaul Knapp

Discussion with Standards Board regarding use of standardised terminologies. there was considerable discussion on requirements for currency and licensing. This was clarified and existing policy documents produced by the HTA were discussed for review of the Standards Board.

CIMI - are using the Solar tool for terminology management - this is now open source. What issues are there that the HTA may have in this process.

contractual requirements were discussed including:

  • use of the international release
    • process exists for request of new content or promotion of content from a national edition of e.g. snomed ct.
  • currency requirements were explained
    • when an artifact is reviewed/balloted the content must be from the current release, unless a specific use case is put to the HTA for retention of the previous value set content - that use case must be strong for permission to not advance to the current relase.
    • The use of intensional value sets makes this process much easier than the use of extensional data sets. If the intensional value set definition is that a new artifact - manifest is being used in FHIR and tied to an implementation guide. In other parts of HL7 this is a binding specification document, or binding parameter specification.

Include restatement of use external terminology.

CIMI - Vocab is considering treating CIMI artifacts as terminologies external to HL7 and not maintained through the UTG process. The current approach CIMI is taking restricts their activities to the US realm.

If the solar content aims to include international content and currently only includes snomed from the international release, but if they use rxnorm they are no longer using an international solutions and this component becomes a US extension. The aim is to alert CIMI to the issues. A call will be arranged.

RXNorm is the US terminology for medicinal products authored by the NLM for the US only. A shared core which SNOMED and IDMP can do but there are challenges associated with this.

SGB has agreed that we want princeps about our rules - any part of the pre-normative processes can put terminology through the terminology process to achieve level 3 maturity in FHIR. Consideraton of a similar life cycle process for other products will be implemented progressively through HL7 products.

Structured documents are recommending that any new content required be entered through VSAC tooling - then trifolia receives a feed from VSAC. This may represent a problem for governance and may also generate issues associated with US vs International content. Ted will obtain further information on this problem. This will be followed up in UTG.

11:15

Harmonisation

  • round table report
  • technical review representation and process
Ted and Heathercovered Above
11:30Value Set Definition metadata - reportRob McClure Deferred to next call
11:45Web Presence The Confluence Site will be used and updated - including external terminology content to be added to confluence and moved to another location if required.
12:20

Other Business

  • review watch list
  • Next meetings
 

HTA will meet the Sunday at the start of the meeting in Q2 and Thursday Q4 at the Koln WGM - ALL MEMBERS TO NOTE THE TIME CHANGE BEING TESTED FOR THIS MEETING.

HTA call at 4pm Eastern 15th February

12:30Closure

 

Decision items

  •  

Action items

  • Heather Grain to prepare tutorial for HTA consideration and presentation at Koln.  
  • Heather Grain to request tutorial in Koln.
  • Heather Grain will represent HTA in the next harmonisation meetings.
  • Heather Grain add to HTA agenda the issue of Technical requirements of our standards require specific identifier attributes such as uri's. HL7 has to create OIDs for many of these code systems. There are many authoring bodies may have no idea about these requirements and HL7 creates a HL7 name for these products
  • Heather Grain  add to HTA agenda the preparation of a draft principles document which will then go to Vocab with the intention it go to the SGB.
  • Heather Grain to contact Susan Matney - CIMI management group - to join an HTA call specifically to discuss the issues with CIMI use of realm specific content.  Consider the processes options.
  • Ted Klein follow up on use of VSAC as tooling supporting structured documents in order to work out the relationships between governance, UTG, VSAC - let HTA and SGB know the outcome/s.
  • Heather Grain create external terminology page in confluence
  • Heather Grain set up the call.
  •  
  • No labels