Meeting ID: 912 9786 9819
Professional Associations, such as HL7, which bring together competing entities are subject to strict scrutiny under applicable antitrust laws. HL7 recognizes that the antitrust laws were enacted to promote fairness in competition and, as such, supports laws against monopoly and restraints of trade and their enforcement. Each individual participating in HL7 meetings and conferences, regardless of venue, is responsible for knowing the contents of and adhering to the HL7 Antitrust Policy as stated in §05.01 of the Governance and Operations Manual (GOM)
T - TSMG Member
O - observer
L - liaison
P - present
A - Apologies
|O||Julie James||Blue Wave Informatics LLP|
|T||P||Sylvia Thun||HL7 Germany|
|T||A||Carol Macumber||Clinical Architecture|
|T||P||Davera Gabriel||Johns Hopkins University Institute for Clinical and Translational Research|
|L||Suzy Roy||SNOMED International|
|O||Andrea MacLean||Canada Health Infoway|
|O||Ted Klein||Klein Consulting / HL7 UTG / Vocabulary WG CoChair|
|L||Rob Hausam||Vocabulary WG CoChair|
|O||Mareike Przysucha||HL7 Germany|
|T||P (proxy to DG after 30 min)||Rob McClure||US Realm Liaison|
|O||Rory Davidson||SNOMED International|
|O||Diana Wright||Lantana Consulting Group|
|O||P||Joanie Harper||Canada Health Infoway|
|O||Carl Leitner||World Health Organization (WHO)|
|O||Chris Melo||Philips Health Care|
Minutes of previous teleconference (2022-04-21)
Meeting Minutes from Discussion
TC Minutes Approval
Quorum is met
Motion to approve minutes from 21-April-2022: /: 5-0-0.
HTA has officially been removed from the GOM: http://www.hl7.org/permalink/?GOM
|Continuous||Jess and Reuben|
|Topic||FHIR Ticket Resolution||New||Jess|
NDF-RT/MED-RT FHIR pages: - FHIR-35800Getting issue details... STATUS
Motion to fix broken link to NDF-RT source to https://evs.nci.nih.gov/ftp1/NDF-RT/, add a note in the NDF-RT Comment column stating that it has been replaced by MED-RT, and adding text to MED-RT page that it has replaced NDF-RT. Motion: DG/RB: 5-0-0
Added this comment to the ticket.
|Topic||Policy for Identifier Systems||New||Jess|
Proposed initial policy for HTA (from Lloyd via - FHIR-35932Getting issue details... STATUS ):
If an identifier system is not listed in HL7 Terminology, the process to follow depends on the 'scope' of the identifier:
Should consider an HTA template for Identifier Systems.
|Topic||New PSS Review||Continuous||Carol|
External SDO and Code System Issues
(review JIRA tickets https://jira.hl7.org/projects/HTA/summary)
DID NOT DISCUSS
JIRA Dashboard in progress https://jira.hl7.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=13701
- HTA-25Getting issue details... STATUS
Davera Gabriel to update Human Phenotype Ontology to be consistent with the comments in JIRA and notify Jessica Bota when it's ready to proceed through the UTG THO Process
Exists in THO here https://terminology.hl7.org/NamingSystem-v3-hgnc.html
- HTA-71Getting issue details... STATUS is indicating that this is actually two code systems and needs to be split.
HTA has an incomplete metadata page here: HGNC which has been updated
RD: The existing URL is in the normative R4 specification. We could update the metadata information to clarify that the existing code system is meant to represent the gene nomenclature and the associated IDs and create a second code system record to represent the gene nomenclature groups and their IDs. However, before proceeding with that as an option, HTA would 1) like to consult with the code system owner. if this was already done, we would like that information and 2) have CG WG confirm if the use of a prefix would solve the issue and avoid the need to split the normative resource. Another option would be to create a formal FHIR partition for the code system, though not ideal.
Note that this is used internationally and the impact is potentially large. A single OID exists for this code system and would also need to be addressed if a second code system was registered.
Reuben Daniels will invite the code system owner to further discuss.
Genotype Ontology (GENO)
Updated CS Identifier process guidance
|Continued from previous||Carol|
DID NOT DISCUSS
We are almost through the core principles. Will look into March for the next call as we were not able to find a time in Feb
The draft is located here: Validating and Requesting Identifiers for External Code Systems and Identifier Systems
HTA members and observers are asked to review the drafted text, directly edit where changes are needed and use the comment functionality to ask additional questions. We will review again (and hopefully approve on the next HTA call, which will be at the WGM).
|Topic||Continued from previous||Reuben|
DID NOT DISCUSS
Any Other Business
Call adjourned at 9:59AM