Meeting Information

Attendee Pass: HTAMeet

Chair:  Julie James



Attendee type:

H - HTA Member

O - observer

L - liaison


P - present

A - Apologies



HPJulie JamesBlue Wave Informatics LLP

Roel Barelds

Precipius b.v.

HASusan MatneyIntermountain Health
Sylvia ThunHL7 Germany
HACarol MacumberClinical Architecture
HPReuben DanielsSaludax
Davera GabrielJohns Hopkins University Institute for Clinical and Translational Research

Wayne Kubick


LPSuzy RoySNOMED International
OPAndrea MacLeanCanada Health Infoway
LPJessica BotaUTG/Apelon
Ted KleinKlein Consulting / HL7 UTG / Vocabulary WG CoChair
Swapna AbhyankarRegenstrief Institute
Rob HausamVocabulary WG CoChair
LPRob McClureUS Realm Liaison
Carmela CoudercVocab WG CoChair
Joanie HarperCanada Health Infoway

Minutes of Previous Meeting (2021-03-31) 

Motion to accept nn and nn seconded    .

Agenda Topics

Agenda Outline

Agenda Item


Meeting Minutes from Discussion



Minutes Approval


Quorum was NOT met

Motion to approve Minutes:

nn moves, nn seconds: Motion x-0-0

TopicNew PSSContinuous

None found....


External SDO and Code System Issues HTA Content Pages Review


April Business Meeting is next week, running on UTC Registration is free.  

SNOMED Int provided comments to WHO Smart Vaccine Certificate RC1; SNOMED CT GPS is one of the standards that can be used in this.  S-I  will be providing some suggestions of which concepts could be used for data elements, and including these in the GPS if they are not in there already.

SNOMED community content is also looking at how to support this.

Updates from all please.....

Checking on the "disappearing code systems"

ICD-10-GM (ST to sort),

ICD Function - we think this is an errata (maybe should have been "ICD Foundation")

ICPC (RB to sort)




MONDO (DG trying to sort)

Gaps - RxNorm - although there is an RxNorm on FHIR page but we should have a page so that we can be ready to move over to THO

Also, some new external code system requests from Mitre  HTA-37 - Getting issue details... STATUS HTA-27 - Getting issue details... STATUS HTA-28 - Getting issue details... STATUS  (Carole has taken 28)

TopicHTA External Terminology Data ElementsOngoingReuben

First draft of mapping from the metadata template to THO is at

HTA External Code System Information mapping to a FHIR CodeSystem and NamingSystem resource pair

Where to next for this?

ManagementAgenda for WGM


2 quarters for main HTA

2 quarters with Vocab

  • Topic with Vocab - how much of the "FHIR content" to move over to THO (e.g. filtering etc.)
  • Topic with Vocab - SOLOR
  • Code system development

What about with TSC? 

TopicHL7 Terminology Product FamilyOngoingReuben

Terminology Task List
To discuss the previous meeting

Could the Product Family be "managing THO" at least initially because THO is where we are moving terminology "production" here.  Then, over time, review how Vocab and/or HTA transition evolutionarily.  Reuben to write something up for

TopicUTG/THO UpdateContinuousJess

CDC NHSN is being implemented now as is needed for IG

NAHDO "Source of payment" now done

CDT is getting a metadata update

Canadian CCDD needs new code system and naming system entries

New page created on HTA Confluence for Med-RT (created by VHA and then goes to NCI first then goes to NLM for "UMLS-isation")
When new HTA  External Terminology pages are created using the updated template, the old page should be deleted.  Confluence will have a backup somewhere!

Reuben has some mock-ups for V3 of HTO

External Terminology Content all on one page, subdivided into the various artefacts e.g. "Code System Metadata" - i.e. a resource with metadata only (often termed code system stubs).  We need a better name for this! (but not "content free"!)

Reuben will update his slides and circulate to HTA.  **At next meeting, could we formally endorse this please so that Reuben/Ted can start work on it**

TopicCode System developmentNew(ish)Carol

Code system development 

Where have we got to with this? 

TopicAny Other BusinessContinuousJulie

AdjournmentMeeting adjournedN/AJulie

Call adjourned at xx.xx UTC

Action Items

  • 11-Nov: Reuben Daniels  to send recommendations on HTA confluence page data elements and their mapping to FHIR for .
  • No labels