Meeting Information

Attendee Pass: HTAMeet

Chair:  Julie James

Scribe: Julie James


Attendee type:

H - HTA Member

O - observer

L - liaison


P - present

A - Apologies



HPJulie JamesBlue Wave Informatics LLP

Roel Barelds

Precipius b.v.

Susan MatneyIntermountain Health
HPSylvia ThunHL7 Germany
HACarol MacumberClinical Architecture
HPReuben DanielsSaludax
HADavera GabrielJohns Hopkins University Institute for Clinical and Translational Research

Wayne Kubick


Suzy RoySNOMED International
OPAndrea MacLeanCanada Health Infoway
OPJessica BotaUTG/Apelon
Ted KleinKlein Consulting / HL7 UTG / Vocabulary WG CoChair
Swapna AbhyankarRegenstrief Institute
OPRob HausamVocabulary WG CoChair
LPRob McClureUS Realm Liaison
Carmela CoudercVocab WG CoChair

Minutes of Previous Meeting (2021-02-03) 

Motion to accept RB and seconded RD .

Agenda Topics

Agenda Outline

Agenda Item


Meeting Minutes from Discussion



Minutes Approval


Quorum was met

Motion to approve Minutes:

RB moves, RD seconds: Motion 3-0-0

TopicNew PSSContinuousJulie
  • PACIO FHIR Profile - Re-assessment Timepoint  PSS-1706 - Getting issue details... STATUS

External SDO and Code System Issues HTA Content Pages Review


IMO Code system added (JMJ)

TopicHTA External Terminology Data ElementsOngoingReuben

See slide deck above - 

Focus of the discussion on those data elements that will be changed...

1) Code system owner - to be split into three parts...

2) IP Information and Licensing - will be SPLIT into four distinct new mandatory data elements, and particularly so that the copyright statement can be checked directly into the FHIR IGs
NB: Some copyright statements will be regularly updated (e.g. LOINC); having this field will help to manage that from one central place

3) HL7 users - to be retired....too difficult to keep up to date and of little value

4) Process to request change - to be retired....too difficult to keep up to date; the community can come to the HTA to ask IF they are stuck.  NB: the contact details for the code system owner is present so folk can contact the steward through that

5) Other useful information - to be retired; not much currently.  If there is information to retain, it can go into scope

New data elements:

Terminology Owner/Maintainer/Publisher - will often be the same organisation, but we absolutely do have examples where all three roles are taken by different organisations

If there is a subset of a terminology that behaves like a code system, the owner remains the original full code system owner, the maintainer is the organisation that makes the subset (as long as they are legally allowed to do so) and the publisher is the organisation that publishes the subset

HTA Endorsement Status and Review Status - new

Allows the HTA to be explicit about the veracity and currency of the information provided.  Nothing to do with the status of the code system itself (NB THO will be able to assist with review scheduling)

Reuben proposes that these changes will be accepted by the HTA; seconded by Roel - passes 3:0:0

Next step: Reuben will create new pages for S-CT and S-CT AUS and populate them so that we can see exactly how they look

Formal vote of thanks to Reuben for all his efforts on this (smile) (smile) 

TopicHL7 Terminology Product FamilyNew(ish)Carol

Terminology Task List
List out known vocabulary functions/tasks on this page with the goal that the list can serve as way to define the scope of responsibilities for each group (Governance/Methodology/Management)

TopicUTG/THO UpdateContinuousJess

Planned 2.1 release next week.  Will continue to be working on the external code system metadata with Reuben
JIRA tickets for UTG tasks which can have a tag if needed for HTA attention

TopicCode System developmentNew(ish)Carol

Code system development 

Where have we got to with this? DEFERRED

TopicAny Other BusinessContinuousJulie

None this call

AdjournmentMeeting adjournedN/AJulie

Call adjourned at 21.00 UTC

Action Items

  • 11-Nov: Reuben Daniels  to send recommendations on HTA confluence page data elements and their mapping to FHIR for .
  • No labels