Attendee Pass: HTAMeet
Chair: Julie James
Scribe: Caroline Macumber
H - HTA Member
O - observer
L - liaison
P - present
A - Apologies
|H||P||Julie James||Blue Wave Informatics LLP|
|H||P||Susan Matney||Intermountain Health|
|H||P||Sylvia Thun||HL7 Germany|
|H||P||Carol Macumber||Clinical Architecture|
|H||P||Davera Gabriel||Johns Hopkins University Institute for Clinical and Translational Research|
|L||Suzy Roy||SNOMED International|
|O||Andrea MacLean||Canada Health Infoway|
|O||P||Ted Klein||Klein Consulting / HL7 UTG / Vocabulary WG CoChair|
|O||P||Swapna Abhyankar||Regenstrief Institute|
|O||Rob Hausam||Vocabulary WG CoChair|
|L||Rob McClure||US Realm Liason|
|O||P||Carmela Couderc||Vocab WG CoChair|
|O||Grahame Grieve||HL7 International|
Minutes of Teleconference 2020-08-19
Motion to accept proposed and accepted.
Meeting Minutes from Discussion
Quorum is met
Motion to approve Minutes proposed
Susan Moves, Julie seconds: Motion 6-0-0
|Management||Planning for September Virtual WGM||Ongoing||Julie|
This is a reminder ** Not requiring further discussion
HL7’s Virtual Plenary & Working Group Meeting from September 21-25
Currently scheduled (via the Doodle website):
Tripartite HTA-Vocab-FHIR-I - confirmed 6-8pm EST Thursday 24 September (not required for Europeans to attend since it is at midnight)
Topics to include
No new PSS currently
|Topic||External SDO Issues or additional topics||Continuous|
Carol and Swapna Abhyankar
Regenstrief is the owner of UCUM, and have recently taken over publication of the UCUM specification from its previous publisher.
The canonical URL is https://ucum.org.
https://www.hl7.org/fhir/terminologies-systems.html (for the R5 release).
TK: Because of the redirect there is less of a mechanical issue of breaking. It is appropriate and proper for the code system owner to declare the canonical URL.
JJ: There isn't am HTA external terminology page for UCUM currently, as there is open discussion regarding whether UCUM is published as a code system. Rather, it is a syntax.
TK: There are code systems that are only a grammar and not usable as is, codes always have to be created.
JJ: Is that vocab policy documented anyplace?
TK: Yes it is documented in Core Principles.
JJ: We will review and with validation, HTA will create an external terminology page for UCUM.
TK: Great use case to pilot through proposed process (we have been working on the talking points for the process to support vocab's policy on code system identifier maintenance).
CM will create the UCUM HTA page, SA to review and approve, this will trigger the JIRA UTG process to create/update the necessary terminology objects wtihin UTG.
External Code Systems
2) NCI-Thesaurus (https://confluence.hl7.org/display/TA/National+Cancer+Institute+-+Thesaurus)
3) Any follow up on Graham's conversation
"Grahame pointed out that licensing on the HTA page does not differentiate between the copyright of the code system and the copyright of the use of the system. Rob M queried for an example and Grahame agreed to provide one."
JJ: Any action items for HTA? Feels like we are making life more difficult than necessary. Will await Grahame's example.
DG: Difference in reach of copyright statements from code systems to value sets. He wanted to come to the HTA pages to get his copyright statements
TK: HL7 terminology is a FHIR IG (implemented and published), that needs (in it's text area) a text section for copyright sitations for all content that is published in the IG. Happy to put a place in for it,...should it be copy? pulled in from HTA pages? something else?
JJ: A single source of information would be ideal
SA: LOINC has codes that have a third party copyright...how does that fit in this discussion? One example - Braden Scale for predicting pressure ulcer risk (http://www.bradenscale.com/copyright.htm). We did not get permission from AAP to put in the Vanderbilt ADHD Diagnostic Rating Scale (VADRS).
SM: In our IGs, we have the LOINC copyright, but not the third party. We are using third party codes and likely need their copyright information (in addition to LOINC's).
ST: There are also different copyrights for translations
Consider adding verbiage on the HTA page with regards to the acceptance of copyright statement and the larger license, which includes any additional Notice of Third Party Content and Copyright Terms
4) Canonical URLs for nursing classifications ICF, ICNP, LEP, ENP, CCC
JIRA: FHIR-25263 - Getting issue details... STATUS
JIRA ticket has been udpated with some next steps. Need to revist this as a priority on the next call.
|Topic||UTG Update||Continuous||Carol/Ted||(We did not get to this item)|
|Topic||Issue with NUCC||New||Ted/Rob McC|
NUCC HIPPA Value Sets (We did not get to this item)
For V3 value sets using NUCC, there are enumerated values (even if an intensional definition - e.g. all children of level 1 concepts"). Codes have changed....and value sets are now not generating correctly. The value set stewards are responsible to updates, but there is currently a set of erroneous value sets from NUCC for core MIF content. Gail Kochar is responsible for NUCC but currently it is not behaving as a "well behaved code system".
RobMc/Ted/RobH to sort and report back
Call adjourned at xx.00 BST
- Reuben Daniels create the ISCO-08 Page
- Reuben Daniels to check with Joshua Procious to determine if we can transfer tickets from FHIR or UTG project to the HL7 JIRA project
- 8-Jul-2020:Davera Gabriel will run with NCI Thesaurus vs NCI Meta-thesaurus matter.
- 22-Jul-2020: Caroline Macumber Carol will arrange the joint meetings which Vocab/FHIR will host.
- 22-Jul-2020: Julie James Julie will arrange the HTA meetings.
- 22-Jul-2020: Caroline Macumber to create NHSN HSLOC stub. – National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) Healthcare Service Location Codes (HSLC)
- 22-Jul-2020: Sheila Abner to complete information in NHSN HSLOC stub.
- 22-Jul-2020: Reuben Daniels advise the Zulip Implementer and Terminology chat about the stub for comment.
- 22-Jul-2020: Julie James to contact PSS group (possibly PIC) regarding PSS changes.
- 22-Jul-2020: Julie Jamesto respond to the call to Karyn v H on behalf of the group managing the GOM (PIC) and the executive committee regarding SOUs.
- 2-Aug-2020: Julie James check Jira configuration for HTA "vote" on consensus review in UTG
- 2-Aug-2020: Julie James Caroline Macumber contact LOINC to clarify the "FHIR licence agreement"
- 19-Aug-2020: NCI-Thesaurus: Davera Gabrieland Rob McClurewill meet with the NCI-Thesaurus owner to discuss using a URL with the .owl extension (being respectful of previous discussion between them and Julie).
- 19-Aug-2020: NCI-Thesaurus: Julie Jameswill update the HTA pages in relation to NCT Metathesaurus.
- 19-Aug-2020: Grahame's Page:Reuben Daniels volunteered to work with Grahame, Ted, and Josh to come up with an approach to address the need for machine processing of HTA information about external code systems.
- 19-Aug-2020: Copyright for value sets:Reuben Daniels to raise a ticket for the creation of a field to capture external code system copyright's in the FHIR ValueSet resource in compose.include
- 02-Sept 2020: Julie Jamesto review core princple definition of "code system", in particular its inclusion of "grammar only"/syntaxes similar to UCUM as formal code systems
- 02-Sept-2020: Caroline Macumber to create stub for UCUM