Attendee Pass: HTAMeet
Chair: Julie James
Scribe: Reuben Daniels
H - HTA Member
O - observer
L - liaison
P - present
A - Apologies
|H||P||Julie James||Blue Wave Informatics LLP|
|H||P||Susan Matney||Intermountain Health|
|H||Sylvia Thun||HL7 Germany|
|H||P||Carol Macumber||Clinical Architecture|
|H||P||Davera Gabriel||Johns Hopkins University Institute for Clinical and Translational Research|
|L||A||Suzy Roy||SNOMED International|
|O||Andrea MacLean||Canada Health Infoway|
|O||Ted Klein||Klein Consulting / HL7 UTG / Vocabulary WG CoChair|
|O||P||Rob Hausam||Vocabulary WG CoChair|
|L||P||Rob McClure||US Realm Liason|
|O||Carmela Couderc||Vocab WG CoChair|
Minutes of Teleconference 2020-07-08 (joint with Vocab TC)
Motion to accept proposed and accepted.
Meeting Minutes from Discussion
Quorum is met
Motion to approve Minutes proposed
RB moves, SM seconds: Motion 5-0-0
|Management||Planning for September Virtual WGM||New||Julie|
HL7’s Virtual Plenary & Working Group Meeting from September 21-25
What should be the HTA's meeting schedule?
22-July-2020 suggested meetings:
Does the HTA wish to comment on this proposed change, given our role in working with external organisations?
GCR 141 Who controls/manages SOU [GOM]
ISSUE: [Wayne Kubick] The GOM mentions SOU multiple times but I can't find any mention of the criteria for establishing an SOU or approval of SOUs. Not in Bylaws either. Shouldn’t this be defined?
ANALYSIS: Prior to the September 2016 update of the GOM, SOU were the responsibility of the Organizational Relations Committee (ORC). The ORC was disbanded [Work Item 1605005] in favor of the EC taking responsibility for organizational relations. Apparently, responsibility for SOUs was not subsequently stipulated as belonging to the EC.
07.13 The Executive Committee
The HL7 Officers shall be the Chair, the Chair-Elect or Immediate Past Chair acting as the Vice Chair, the Secretary, and Treasurer; who, with the addition of the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Technology Officer, and either the Executive Director or the Associate Executive Director, shall comprise the Executive Committee.
The Executive Committee shall be responsible for operations of the Organization. The Board of Directors may from time to time refer issues to the Executive Committee, whose decision shall be binding.
07.13.01 Organizational Relations
The Executive Committee shall be responsible for initiating and/or managing the relationship between HL7 and various other organizations, associations, and consortia. The Chief Executive Officer shall prepare draft statements of understanding (SOU) addressing these relationships in collaboration with the Executive Committee. Whenever possible, the SOU shall name those individuals being proposed as liaisons. Upon ratification by the Executive Committee, the Chief Executive Officer shall bring the SOU before the Board of Directors for final consideration and approval.
|Topic||External SDO Issues or additional topics||Continuous|
Carol and Suzy Roy
and Sara Armson
1 - SNOMED CT Expo 2020
Virtual Conference October 8-9
Registration is now open! https://www.snomed.org/news-and-events/events/snomedct-expo
2 - SNOMED International 2019 Annual Report has been published. This includes highlights of our new strategy, partnerships, SNOMED CT content and technological updates, and support services.
3 - The July 2020 International Edition will be released next week (July 31st).
External Code Systems Canonical URL
NHSN HSLOC Code System
|Topic||Code system "stub" creation||Ongoing||Carol/Reuben|
Support of implementer community process for creation of code system "stubs" and expected interaction with HTA"
Based on that page, the issues there and the plan from the Vocab Co-Chairs meeting, are we good to go?
From the Vocab Co-Chairs Call:
Need a process for communicating with the FHIR Community on potential breaking changes regarding external terminologies - advance warning etc. (ref NUCC codes)
Discussion needs to centre on having a plan to then put forward to Grahame and the FHIR community
Not discussed, out of time.
|Topic||Update to new PSS Process||New||Julie/Wayne|
Currently the process has this:
How should the question read? Should we create a pick list based on the external systems listed in vocabulary.hl7.org or the HTA page instead of asking people to list the terminologies?
All external terminologies should be registered with HTA
Picklist of known external terminologies is ideal. When the external terminology is no in the list, they pick other and use free text.
Group feels strongly that we should extend this data capture to NIB.
ENDED CALL HERE
Julie: I have not done anything further about this..... please indicate what we might suggest....
|Topic||When a code system is not a code system||New||Julie|
Discussion of when a code system is not a code system but is a syntax….
|Discussion with FHIR - Managing change in code system identification||Report||Reuben|
Agreement was reached that one central place must be designated for management of external code systems, and Austin, Wayne, Grahame and Reuben all agreed that UTG was the correct place. However, there are issues with external code system content in the first content relase of UTG, and those need to be addressed before additional content can be migrated (including existing FHIR non-ballot bound terminology).
Need to start here at next meeting
Call adjourned at xx:00 UTC
- Reuben Daniels create the ISCO-08 Page
- Reuben Daniels to check with Joshua Procious to determine if we can transfer tickets from FHIR or UTG project to the HL7 JIRA project
- 8-Jul-2020:Davera Gabriel will run with NCI Thesaurus vs NCI Meta-thesaurus matter.
- 22-Jul-2020: Caroline Macumber Carol will arrange the joint meetings which Vocab/FHIR will host.
- 22-Jul-2020: Julie James Julie will arrange the HTA meetings.
- 22-Jul-2020: Caroline Macumber to create NHSN HSLOC stub. – National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) Healthcare Service Location Codes (HSLC)
- 22-Jul-2020: Sheila Abner to complete information in NHSN HSLOC stub.
- 22-Jul-2020: Reuben Daniels advise the Zulip Implementer and Terminology chat about the stub for comment.
- 22-Jul-2020: Julie James to contact PSS group (possibly PIC) regarding PSS changes.
- 22-Jul-2020: Julie Jamesto respond to the call to Karyn v H on behalf of the group managing the GOM (PIC) and the executive committee regarding SOUs.