Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Chair:  @ Julie

Scribe: @ Carol

Attendees

Attendee type:

H - HTA Member

O - observer

L - liaison

Present

P - present

A - Apologies

Name

Affiliation

HPJulie JamesBlue Wave Informatics LLP
HP

Roel Barelds

Precipius b.v.

HPSusan MatneyIntermountain Health
HPSylvia ThunHL7 Germany
HPCarol MacumberClinical Architecture
HPReuben DanielsSaludax
HADavera GabrielJohns Hopkins University Institute for Clinical and Translational Research
L

Wayne Kubick

HL7 (CTO)

LPSuzy RoySNOMED International
O
Andrea MacLeanCanada Health Infoway
OPSoraya AssarMathematica
O
Ted KleinKlein Consulting / HL7 UTG
O
Jessica BotaApelon

Minutes of Teleconference 2020-04-29

Motion to accept proposed and accepted.

Agenda Topics


Agenda Outline

Agenda Item

StatusLead

Meeting Minutes from Discussion

Management

Quorum

Minutes Approval

N/AJulie

Quorum is met

Motion to approve Minutes proposed

SM moves, RB seconds: Motion 7:0:0


TopicHTA External Terminologies PagesIn progressJulie

Julie has done some targeted cleanup (LOINC and SNODENT)

Carol added Dartmouth Atlast, NUCC and X12

Still mising HCPCS

Template can be added from the "Create" button.

Going forward, as HTA pages are created (either as request from an implementer or independently), the HTA member responsible for the page will:

1) Post a link to the page to JIRA ticket (if applicable)

2) Provide link to UTG project

TopicUpdate from discussion with Wayne, CTOReportJulie/Carol/Reuben

Susan and Sylive confirmed their desire to continue service on HTA

HTA confirmed that we are absolutely interested in helping the US Realm WRT use of external code systems. 

Mail goal of the call was discuss migration/update of URLs where FHIR had previously declared URLs. Next steps were agreed upon to meet with FMG as soon as possible. Wayne asked that HTA prepare a list of potential issues where conflict exists or is likely to exist.

TopicExternal Terminologies UpdateIn progress

Julie/Reuben/Carol/Roel

MedDRA (Julie) - Done

ILO/ISCO (Reuben) - In Progress (great call, awaiting confirmed information to proceed)

ICD10-CM (Carol) - In Progress  (awaiting response from CDC)

ICD10-PCS (Carol) - In Progress (awaiting approval of "Using ICD-10-PCS with FHIR" draft page)

Dartmouth Atlas (Carol) - In Progress (no response from source, proceeding with default URLs)

PHIN VADS - ?

ISO 3166 (Roel)

https://www.iso.org/iso-3166-country-codes.html)  forwards you to: 
https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#search

Roel is reached out to ISO through NEN for a canonical URL
The URL NEN proposed is:
https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#iso:pub:PUB500001:en

Review by HTA pointed out that the format doesn't appear to be stable and langauge translation independent. Roel will reach back out to them.

Topic HTA JIRA queue to manage requests and workflowIn ProgressReuben 

Given large number of projects required and resources for customization, all new projects will have no customization at this time. HTA has been provided a project and Reuben has been working on any customizations that are possible at this time, including sub-statuses (HTA has requested more granular sub-statuses for In Progress), but HL7 is not able to accommodate. As a work around, Reuben is adding labels to help distinguish status.

To Do items:

Transition of existing tickets - transfer from FHIR and UTG projects?

TopicExternal SDO Issues or additional topicsContinuous

Carol and Suzy Roy 

and Sara Armson

SCT Int is starting a Research Webinar series, at 11 am Eastern/ 1500-1600 UTC

Expo is still planned as a Hybrid (in-person and virtual). Abstract submission open till end of May. Hoping to have decision on face to face sometime around middle of June. 


TopicCo-chair handbook and FHIR Accelerator Information

In progress

Not discussed

Julie

Response from the FHIR Accelerator was somewhat negative - FHIR Accelerators have too much to worry about already.  Responded that we are hearing from Accelerators and also that our process will encourage direct contact; re-iterated the "one contact per Accelerator" as per SNOMED too.  Awaiting further response

Nothing yet from PIC re: the Co-Chair handbook.

TopicUMLS Discussion

NEW

Carol We need to get the disclaimer in the FHIR pages for UMLS
TopicUTG UpdateContinuousCarol/Jess

The first release was completed on 5/10/2020 https://terminology.hl7.org/

Relatedly, Reuben has proposed the addition of an "authoritative" boolean to NamingSystem to clearly indicate if the URL is endorsed by the external terminology owner/handled by HTA. WIll be voted upon at tomorrow's Vocab meeting

ManagementVirtual WGM Meeting in MayIn progressJulie/Carol

Confirm HTA will meet with Vocab on Wednesday 20th May at 3pm

External Codesystem will be main event. 

Virtual May 2020 - HL7 WGM Meeting Agenda for Vocabulary

TopicISO Codes  - updateIn ProgressDavera

STILL OPEN: Other ISO standards to check

Utilization of ISO codes for Preferred Language: BCP 47 in USCDI FHIR IG eMail thread is here

 The current ask within BCP47 is

  • Davera Gabriel will look up more information about BCP-47 (a document authored by the IETF trust) for language codes in the US Core FHIR IG.  Davera will check if this is actually a "nested reference" and is actually a syntax using ISO


TopicFHIR Tracker ItemsContinuous

Reuben/Carol/Julie

Action: all HTA members please go through the table that Reuben has built and assign some tickets to yourself to resolve (smile)

SNODENT and CDT - line 8 - Julie

TopicFHIR Vocabulary Binding

In progress

Not discussed

Reuben/Julie

Report on the meeting with FMG

FHIR Vocabulary Binding for Authors


ManagementNext CallN/AJulieNext call, scheduled  with Vocab, 20th May

AdjournmentMeeting adjournedN/AJulie

Call adjourned at 21.02 BST

Action Items

  • No labels