Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Chair:  @ Julie

Scribe: @ Julie

Attendees

Attendee type:

H - HTA Member

O - observer

L - liaison

Present

P - present

A - Apologies

Name

Affiliation

HPJulie JamesBlue Wave Informatics LLP
HP

Roel Barelds

Precipius b.v.

HPSusan MatneyIntermountain Health
HPSylvia ThunHL7 Germany
HPCarol MacumberApelon Inc.
HPReuben DanielsSaludax
HPDavera GabrielJohns Hopkins University Institute for Clinical and Translational Research
L

Wayne Kubick

HL7 (CTO)

LPSuzy RoySNOMED International
O
Andrea MacLeanCanada Health Infoway
OPSoraya AssarMathematica
OPTed KleinKlein Consulting / HL7 UTG
O
Jess BotaApelon

Minutes of Teleconference 2020-04-15

Motion to accept proposed and accepted.

Agenda Topics


Agenda Outline

Agenda Item

StatusLead

Meeting Minutes from Discussion

Management

Quorum

Minutes Approval

N/AJulie

Quorum is met

Motion to approve Minutes proposed

SM moves, RB seconds: Motion 5:0:0


TopicExternal Terminologies PagesNewJulie

Email from Wayne to HTA 24th April and Julie's response

Need to check all our hyperlinks (done - Julie)

TNM (Cancer staging - American College of Surgeons) - most content (V6) now in SNOMED international release but not the most recent (V9).  In Europe many countries use TNM codes, taken from the book using an OID

 https://cancerstaging.org/Pages/default.aspx

http://hl7.org/fhir/us/mcode/StructureDefinition-mcode-tnm-clinical-stage-group.html

How do these pages relate to the UTG information?

The HTA pages are more informational so provide a different sort of content, but the question then becomes how to keep information in sync.
Suggest that, based on the new process, the HTA provide the formal statement about when a code system has given its permission etc. for use, so that it can be orchestrated into UTG.

Topic HTA JIRA queue to manage requests and workflowIn ProgressReuben 

Update from Reuben on the meeting with Melva:

  • HTA to review current statuses and map to JIRA Workflow status
  • For those statuses where additional granularity is needed, propose a set of “sub-statuses”
  • Review the fields on an initial request and map to the fields needed on an HTA request
  • Consider if sub-statuses are needed


See HTA JIRA Workflow - Draft Proposal

The External Code System Owner Engagement Process - now formally released on the HTA page

Prior to the JIRA project being released, folk can raise an issue ticket in the UTG "New external URL".  Using this means that we will not be dependant on keeping track of Zulip or the FHIR tracker

TopicExternal SDO Issues or additional topicsContinuous

Carol and Suzy Roy 

and Sara Armson

SNOMED CT Expo (October 8 - 9) in Lisbon, Portugal. 

SNOMED are accepting abstracts now through May 29th.  Whether the Expo is in-person or virtual, your accepted abstract will be presented!  Please submit, and encourage others to submit, abstracts!  

https://www.cvent.com/c/abstracts/a16d8bcd-c961-4d1e-ad9b-e59ffc401ea6

Additional information: "SNOMED are planning a hybrid Expo - virtual for those who are not able to travel due to COVID-19.  Please be assured that we are working closely with health officials and should an in-person event take place, the event will fully comply with all public health requirements. "

French translation of over 77000 concepts was released April 2, 2020, a collaboration between Belgium, Canada, Switzerland, Luxembourg and Phast (France).

All of the COVID19 concepts will be in GPS

TopicCo-chair handbook and FHIR Accelerator Information

In progress

Not discussed

Julie

Response from the FHIR Accelerator was somewhat negative - FHIR Accelerators have too much to worry about already.  Responded that we are hearing from Accelerators and also that our process will encourage direct contact; re-iterated the "one contact per Accelerator" as per SNOMED too.  Awaiting further response

Nothing yet from PIC re: the Co-Chair handbook.

TopicReferencing International Standard Classification for Occupations:In progressReuben

Update - call is being set up this week

TopicURI for MedDRAIn progressJulie

Update: Meeting with Patrick Revelle from MedDRA tomorrow (Thursday)


TopicURI for countrycodes ISO 3166In progressRoel

https://www.iso.org/iso-3166-country-codes.html)  forwards you to: 
https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#search

Roel is reaching out to ISO through NEN for a canonical URL
The URL NEN send me is:
https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#iso:pub:PUB500001:en ==> to be discussed next meeting if this a right one

TopicURI for ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCSIn progressCarol

Update

TopicUMLS Discussion

NEW

Carol (question)We need to get the disclaimer in the FHIR pages for UMLS
TopicUTG UpdateContinuousCarol/Jess

Look at PHIN Vads as another example of external codeystems for which the owners need to be contacted https://phinvads.cdc.gov/vads/ViewCodeSystem.action?id=2.16.840.1.113883.12.292#

The current URL is possibly "not resolvable" and therefore not suitable Caroline Macumberand Reuben Danielswith Ted Klein

URI syntax https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3986.txt

Naming systems collection - provides general information about code systems

Code systems - "all" formatted as a UTG code system resource, including a defining URL

Using XXX in FHIR pages are manually maintained pages and in the future will be linked to the main Code System pages

ManagementVirtual WGM Meeting in MayIn progressJulie/Carol

Confirm HTA will meet with Vocab on Wednesday 20th May at 3pm

Agenda?

TopicISO Codes  - updateIn ProgressDavera

STILL OPEN: Other ISO standards to check

Utilization of ISO codes for Preferred Language: BCP 47 in USCDI FHIR IG eMail thread is here

 The current ask within BCP47 is

  • Davera Gabriel will look up more information about BCP-47 (a document authored by the IETF trust) for language codes in the US Core FHIR IG.  Davera will check if this is actually a "nested reference" and is actually a syntax using ISO


TopicFHIR Tracker ItemsContinuous

Reuben/Carol/Julie

Action: all HTA members please go through the table that Reuben has built and assign some tickets to yourself to resolve (smile)

SNODENT and CDT - line 8 - Julie

TopicFHIR Vocabulary Binding

In progress

Not discussed

Reuben/Julie

Report on the meeting with FMG

FHIR Vocabulary Binding for Authors


ManagementNext CallN/AJulieNext call, scheduled 13th May

AdjournmentMeeting adjournedN/AJulie

Call adjourned at xxxx BST

Action Items


  • No labels