Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Chair:  @ Julie James

Scribe: @ Julie James

Attendees

Attendee type:

H - HTA Member

O - observer

L - liaison

Present

P - present

A - Apologies

Name

Affiliation

HPJulie JamesBlue Wave Informatics LLP
HP

Roel Barelds

Precipius b.v.

HPSusan MatneyIntermountain Health
H
Sylvia ThunHL7 Germany
HPCarol MacumberApelon Inc.
HPReuben DanielsSaludax
HADavera GabrielJohns Hopkins University Institute for Clinical and Translational Research
L

Wayne Kubick

HL7 (CTO)

LASuzy RoySNOMED International
O
Andrea MacLeanCanada Health Infoway
OPSoraya AssarMathematica
O
Rob McClureMD Partners
O
Jess BotaApelon
O
Joshua ProciousHL7 International

Minutes of Teleconference 2020-04-01

Motion to accept proposed and accepted.

Agenda Topics


Agenda Outline

Agenda Item

StatusLead

Meeting Minutes from Discussion

Management

Quorum

Minutes Approval

N/AJulie

Quorum is met

Motion to approve Minutes proposed

RB moves, RD seconds: Motion 3-0-0

HTA are not currently in line to move to Zoom, so for now we will stick with FCC although tonight the sound quality is poor

Topic HTA JIRA queue to manage requests and workflowIn ProgressReuben 

Melva says "we have not been forgotten"; hopefully someone will be in touch with Reuben in the next week or so.  If you have any comments on the Workflow get comments to Reuben ASAP.
See HTA JIRA Workflow - Draft Proposal

TopicExternal SDO Issues or additional topicsContinuous

Carol and Suzy Roy 

and Sara Armson

Any comments on the Web-RADR2 mapping?

Vital Signs Content in the SOLOR extension.  The correct process is to use the US content request process via the NLM.  One person per project should be responsible for submission.

The Social Determinants of Health concepts should also go to the US content request process via the NLM.  Susan will reach out to Lisa/Monique to ensure the correct process is followed

TopicCo-chair handbook and FHIR Accelerator InformationIn progressJulie

Has sent JIRA ticket to Ken McCaslin for the FHIR Accelerator page and also reached out to PIC for the Co-Chair handbook.

TopicReferencing International Standard Classification for Occupations:NEW

Question from the Clinical Practice Guidelines IG

https://jira.hl7.org/browse/FHIR-24233

http://www.ilo.org/public/english/bureau/stat/isco/index.htm

This is a "crank the handle" for the URI process Reuben Daniels

TopicURI for MedDRANEWJulie

What to do when a code system is really version sensitive

This is also "crank the handle" for the URI process Julie James

FHIR generally needs a single non-version specific URI for the code system.  Can also ask for version identification information.   

TopicURI for ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCSNEWCarol/Julie

Many of the codesystems defined in FHIR have HL7 based URIs because collaboration with the source was not successful in the past. See history of issue here: https://chat.fhir.org/#narrow/stream/179175-argonaut/topic/ICD-9.20and.20ICD-10.20system.20URIs/near/192666104

This is a "crank the handle" for the URI process Caroline Macumber

TopicUTG UpdateContinuousCarol/Jess

Look at PHIN Vads as another example of external codeystems for which the owners need to be contacted https://phinvads.cdc.gov/vads/ViewCodeSystem.action?id=2.16.840.1.113883.12.292#

The current URL is possibly "not resolvable" and therefore not suitable Caroline Macumberand Reuben Danielswith Ted Klein

URI syntax https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3986.txt

ManagementVirtual WGM Meeting in MayNEWJulie

Planning for a virtual meeting of the HTA and also with Vocab (Carol and Reuben - please comment)

Vocab are only going build an Agenda for those topics that do not have regular calls including joint meetings.  

HTA will propose to Vocab that HTA will meet with Vocab on Wednesday 20th May at 3pm; we will also meet in our regular cycle (either side of this) so will hopefully achieve as much work as at F2F

TopicISO Codes  - updateIn ProgressDavera

STILL OPEN: Other ISO standards to check

 The current ask within BCP47 is

  • Davera Gabriel will look up more information about BCP-47 (a document authored by the IETF trust) for language codes in the US Core FHIR IG.  Davera will check if this is actually a "nested reference" and is actually a syntax using ISO

It still unclear what the implications of the difference are. The applicable section to review is "2.2 Language Subtag Sources and Interpretation" in https://tools.ietf.org/html/bcp47. Davera will look at the US Core FHIR IG to determine if they are referencing the ISO set for Language Codes and/or another set or a syntax

Previous commentary is shown below:

Process comment: Meeting minutes from meeting in which these items were originally discussed were updated after the fact. Requesting that assignments are tagged with a user name so users can be notified. 

  • FHIR also uses the IANA Time Zones https://www.iana.org/time-zones
  • Davera Gabriel will look up more information about BCP-47 (a document authored by the IETF trust) for language codes in the US Core FHIR IG.  Davera will check if this is actually a "nested reference" and is actually a syntax using ISO codes https://tools.ietf.org/html/bcp47
  • (follow-up from Davera) Appologies for needing to step away & then not getting back to this in the meeting.  In the document linked above is the answer to the question.  On Page 8, under the section: "2.2. Language Subtag Sources and Interpretation" there is an explanation of the name spacing used to construct the BCP-47 "tags."  It is my read that the answer to the question as posited is a hybrid of the two options you propose in your question.  There is structure within the tags, but Im not sure that includes your posited definition of "syntax."  One would have to parse the tags to derive syntax, but as this is standard it could be done.  As such, what I intended to do in the meeting is discuss what was meant by question created the amended meeting minutes and NOT in the original meeting minutes: "Davera will check if this is actually a "nested reference" and is actually a syntax using ISO codes" to see if the tag / subtag structure fit your intended question definition of "syntax."  In practice, the subtags are intended to designate corollaries to portions of ISO 639.x designating spoken or written languages. 
  • I would further suggest we consult with the folks that suggested the use of BCP-47 as to their intentions.  I'd be very interested to learn whether they are interested in capturing a written versus spoken language.  My hunch is that there's a much simpler explanation than that, in which case splitting the BCP-47 tags is not implied, nor necessary for their use case, and if so:  we are overthinking a bit

No progress just yet

TopicFHIR Tracker Items#2 in progress still

Reuben/Carol/Julie

Report on the meeting with FMG

FHIR Vocabulary Binding for Authors

T Key Summary Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution Created Updated Due
Loading...
Refresh

This is constructed by a query across the JIRA trackers that are assigned to HTA

What is our process to work on these? Priority item for next time  

Reuben Daniels to scan through and provide a summary of the types of issues.

Summary created here.

The HTA passionately want to see the FHIR Terminology page DISAPPEAR" (no fake news, please).  https://www.hl7.org/fhir/terminologies-systems.html

The correct place for all this information will be UTG.

Action: all HTA members please go through the table that Reuben has built and assign some tickets to yourself to resolve (smile)

ManagementNext CallN/AJulieNext call, scheduled 29th April

AdjournmentMeeting adjournedN/AJulie

Call adjourned at 21.03 BST

Action Items


  • No labels