Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Chair:  @ Carol Macumber

Scribe: @ 

Attendees

Attendee type:

H - HTA Member

O - observer

L - liaison

Present

P - present

A - Apologies

Name

Affiliation

HPJulie JamesBlue Wave Informatics LLP
HP

Roel Barelds

Precipius b.v.

HPSusan MatneyIntermountain Health
H
Sylvia ThunHL7 Germany
HPCarol MacumberApelon Inc.
HPReuben DanielsSaludax
HPDavera GabrielJohns Hopkins University Institute for Clinical and Translational Research
L

Wayne Kubick

HL7 (CTO)

LPSuzy RoySNOMED International
O
Andrea MacLeanCanada Health Infoway
OPSoraya AssarMathematica
O
Rob McClureMD Partners
OPJess BotaApelon
O
Joshua ProciousHL7 International

Minutes of Teleconference 2020-03-18

Motion to accept proposed 

Agenda Topics


Agenda Outline

Agenda Item

StatusLead

Meeting Minutes from Discussion

Management

Quorum

Minutes Approval

N/AJulie

Quorum is met

Motion to approve Minutes proposed

CM moves, RB seconds: Motion passes 4-0-0


Topic HTA JIRA queue to manage requests and workflowIn ProgressReuben 

No progress (other things may be taking priority just at the moment)

See HTA JIRA Workflow - Draft Proposal

TopicExternal SDO Issues or additional topicsContinuous

Carol and Suzy Roy 

and Sara Armson

Today released the alpha release of SNOMED to MedDRA and MedDRA to SNOMED mapping from the Web-RADR2 project with the MHRA

Please anyone review and comment; questions to Suzy 

Vital Signs Content in the SOLOR extension - what is the process to request for this to be promoted to core?  Suzy Roy will take this back to SNOMED International to resolve

TopicExternal Code Systems Statement for IGs

Complete

Julie to report

TSC approved the wording at their meeting 9th March.

There is a new TSC action item to determine how to implement the policy; HTA has requested to be involved in that.

TopicSOU with AHA ReviewCompleteJulie to report

The finalised document was sent to Karen van at HQ and sent on to AHA.  No further news at this point so considered complete.

The document can be used as a template for other organisations in a similar situation.

TopicCo-chair handbook and FHIR Accelerator InformationNEWJulie

Old FHIR Accelerator Home

Suggest we produce a very short section on the HTA to go onto the FHIR Accelerator information page.  Julie James  will follow up to get something on this page for HTA

Co-chair handbook Co-Chair Handbook - nothing at all about terminology or vocabulary - and therefore about Vocab facilitation.  

Julie James will reach out to PIC and ask to have some mention of terminology/vocabulary - IF the Vocab WG would support that (Reuben to take this to Vocab WG and get back to Julie)

TopicUTG UpdateContinuousCarol/Jess

https://build.fhir.org/ig/HL7/UTG/codesystems-external.html

Motion: HTA recommends to the UTG removes the four NUBC code systems and the HPC (HCPCS) code system from the first release of the UTG.  The content should be stored but not published.

Proposed: CM; second: SM - carried unanimously.

Jessica Bota will communicate this to Ted Klein to action in the UTG.

We discussed that the HCPCS code system is a grey area because it is a CMS/HIPAA mandated code system based on the CPT4 codes from AMA, but for now, it will not in UTG.

Reuben Daniels is dealing with some queries from Ted regarding FHIR code systems.  We are likely to see some email traffic on the HTA list for this.

TopicISO Codes  - updateIn ProgressDavera

STILL OPEN: Other ISO standards to check

 The current ask within BCP47 is

  • Davera Gabriel will look up more information about BCP-47 (a document authored by the IETF trust) for language codes in the US Core FHIR IG.  Davera will check if this is actually a "nested reference" and is actually a syntax using ISO

It still unclear what the implications of the difference are. The applicable section to review is "2.2 Language Subtag Sources and Interpretation" in https://tools.ietf.org/html/bcp47. Davera will look at the US Core FHIR IG to determine if they are referencing the ISO set for Language Codes and/or another set or a syntax

Previous commentary is shown below:

Process comment: Meeting minutes from meeting in which these items were originally discussed were updated after the fact. Requesting that assignments are tagged with a user name so users can be notified. 

  • FHIR also uses the IANA Time Zones https://www.iana.org/time-zones
  • Davera Gabriel will look up more information about BCP-47 (a document authored by the IETF trust) for language codes in the US Core FHIR IG.  Davera will check if this is actually a "nested reference" and is actually a syntax using ISO codes https://tools.ietf.org/html/bcp47
  • (follow-up from Davera) Appologies for needing to step away & then not getting back to this in the meeting.  In the document linked above is the answer to the question.  On Page 8, under the section: "2.2. Language Subtag Sources and Interpretation" there is an explanation of the name spacing used to construct the BCP-47 "tags."  It is my read that the answer to the question as posited is a hybrid of the two options you propose in your question.  There is structure within the tags, but Im not sure that includes your posited definition of "syntax."  One would have to parse the tags to derive syntax, but as this is standard it could be done.  As such, what I intended to do in the meeting is discuss what was meant by question created the amended meeting minutes and NOT in the original meeting minutes: "Davera will check if this is actually a "nested reference" and is actually a syntax using ISO codes" to see if the tag / subtag structure fit your intended question definition of "syntax."  In practice, the subtags are intended to designate corollaries to portions of ISO 639.x designating spoken or written languages. 
  • I would further suggest we consult with the folks that suggested the use of BCP-47 as to their intentions.  I'd be very interested to learn whether they are interested in capturing a written versus spoken language.  My hunch is that there's a much simpler explanation than that, in which case splitting the BCP-47 tags is not implied, nor necessary for their use case, and if so:  we are overthinking a bit

No progress just yet

TopicFHIR Tracker Items#2 in progress still

Reuben/Carol/Julie

Report on the meeting with FMG

FHIR Vocabulary Binding for Authors

T Key Summary Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution Created Updated Due
Loading...
Refresh

A query across the JIRA trackers that are assigned to HTA

What is our process to work on these? Priority item for next time  

Reuben Daniels to scan through and provide a summary of the types of issues.

ManagementNext CallN/AJulieNext call, scheduled 15th April
Will need to plan for the cancelled WGM also
AdjournmentMeeting adjournedN/AJulie

Call adjourned at 21.00 BST

Action Items


  • No labels