Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Chair:  @ 

Scribe: @ 

Attendees

Attendee type:

H - HTA Member

O - observer

L - liaison

Present

P - present

A - Apologies

Name

Affiliation

HPJulie JamesBlue Wave Informatics LLP
HP

Roel Barelds

ICT Group

HPSusan MatneyIntermountain Health
HPSylvia ThunHL7 Germany
HP (initially)Carol MacumberApelon Inc.
HPReuben DanielsSaludax
HPDavera GabrielJohns Hopkins University Institute for Clinical and Translational Research
L

Wayne Kubick

HL7 (CTO)

L
Jane MillarSNOMED International
OPAndrea MacLeanCanada Health Infoway
O
Soraya AssarMotive Medical Intelligence
O
Rob McClureMD Partners

Minutes of Teleconference 2019-12-10 

Motion to accept proposed SM, seconded RB; carried 4-1-0 RD abstain due to absence at 20191210 meeting

Agenda Topics

Agenda Outline

Agenda Item

Meeting Minutes from Discussion

Management

Quorum

Minutes Approval

Quorum is met

Motion to approve Minutes proposed and accepted

ManagementCalls between now and Sydney WGM

New year call schedule and Sydney WGM Agenda - see WGM February 2020 Minutes
Neither Davera nor Roel will be at the Sydney WGM.  Sylvia not confirmed yet.  Reuben, Carol, Susan and Julie will definitely be there

Next call should be 2020-01-21 - will be last before WGM.   

Joint meeting(s) with Vocab - Q3 Wednesday (2020-02-05) - appears to be just one quarter; UTG Q1 Wednesday - HTA are encouraged to attend that too.  See Feb 2020 - HL7 Sydney WGM Meeting Agenda for Vocabulary  We will watch to see when Translations go onto the Vocab WG agenda also.

TopicURLs for External Code Systems

Where do we go next?

Carol has updated the proposed Engagement Process and group updated.

Carol proposes that for any new requests brought to HTA, we follow the process and fine tune as we go along. In the meantime, the following action items need to be addressed:

  • Final Review of Initial Request Letter
    • Everyone to do their review of this 
  • Draft Collaborative Follow-up - Davera - draft to review 20200121 please
  • Draft Follow-up letter templates 
Topic Code system statement for specifications

See updated policy at General policy on the use of external code systems in HL7 standards

To do: Close out the code system statement and send to FMG

Julie James Contacted Grahame and FMG, HTA to provide draft text to include in IG publishing process

Follow up on issues with translations

(update from UTG via Caroline Macumber )

The current UTG project is not putting this into release 1, as there are too many other critical items for initial go-live. Confirmed neither the v3 coremif nor the v2 chapter 2c code system/table content publications have this language capability.  Doing this however is on the short list of items to be scheduled immediately after we go-live with releases 1.

TopicISO Codes  - update

STILL OPEN: Other ISO standards to check:
ISO 11073 Nomenclature for Personal Medical Device Communication - Julie has had a response from Melvin Reynolds - https://rtmms.nist.gov/rtmms/index.htm 

JMJ - to put the response from Melvin on the HTA External Code Systems section

FHIR also uses the IANA Time Zones https://www.iana.org/time-zones

Davera will look up more information about BCP-47 (a document authored by the IETF trust) for language codes in the US Core FHIR IG.  Davera will check if this is actually a "nested reference" and is actually a syntax using ISO codes

TopicVocab Facilitator Engagement

How to get vocab facilitators engaged and how to get project teams to engage with their vocab facilitator - work on with the Vocab WG

Julie James will ask Austen for a slot at the Co-Chair Dinner to publicise the URLs for external code systems process - accepting that this will need to be repeated at the San Antonio WGM (done 2020-01-20).

TopicUTG EngagementHow will UTG engage to bridge the gap, especially as the IG publisher and UTG become more integrated (still a way off) 
TopicFHIR Tracker Items

 [#25207] Summary: Update Licence Note for Value Sets based on SNOMED GPS

Still needs to craft a new statement to use in the IPS Specification (and others) Caroline Macumber

AdjournmentMeeting adjourned

At 22.00 hours UTC


Action Items

  • Caroline Macumber to get information from UTG team as to the current level of support for foreign translations, enabling sharing of the translation
  • Julie James  to send information regarding translation issue to vocab-cc listserv
  • Caroline Macumber will attempt to address RM's zulip chat and Mary Kay's requests in the process page located here, will send a note to HTA-CC when it's read for review since we won't have a call on 12/24
  • Julie James reply to thread with Mary Kay and Paul regarding contacting AHA/NUBC letting them know we are working on defining the process and templates to be used, but they should likely proceed in the meantime and copy HTA (yah?)
  • No labels