This page provides details about terminologies used in HL7 standards but owned and governed by other organisations external to HL7. The HL7 Terminology Authority supports the HL7 community by providing this information about external code systems for use in HL7 specifications.
Intellectual Property and Copyright
Implementers and testers using/referencing any of these code systems for any terminology content artefact in an HL7 specification SHALL abide by the specific license requirements for the relevant terminology. Terminology licenses SHALL be obtained from the code system owner for each code system and/or other specified artefact used. It is the sole responsibility of each organization deploying or testing any HL7 specification to ensure their implementations complies with licensing requirements of each external terminology used.
An index of all code system records may be found on here: HTA — External Terminologies - Information – Code System Metadata Records Index
Information provided about external terminologies includes:
- Owner of the terminology
- Arrangement or agreements with HL7 for use of content
- Formal name of the code system
- Short name or abbreviation of the code system name
- Technical identifier/s of the code system (OIDs, URI etc)
- Link to information about the code system - including how to obtain the content
- Version management: timing and identification of versions
- IP Information and Licensing
- HL7 users of this information - which HL7 products use this link (if known)
- Information current as at (date)
- Scope/domain statement