Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

About Us

Terminology Authority - is responsible for the creation, implementation, and management of HL7 processes involving external terminology management.  These processes shall be influenced by input from the Vocabulary Work Group and existing HL7 terminology practices.  The activities of the HTA are intended to complement maintenance of terminology that is used by HL7 protocol specifications.  HTA works through the TSC to implement processes or polices that impact Working Groups


Leadership

Chair - Julie James

Vice-chair - Caroline Macumber

Members - Roel Barelds , Reuben Daniels  , Davera Gabriel Susan Matney , Sylvia Thun

Additional Information:   https://www.hl7.org/special/committees/termauth/index.cfm

Contacting the HTA

To contact the HTA, please use the general and open List Serv: termauth@lists.hl7.org

To contact the HTA chairs: termauth-cc@lists.hl7.org


External Terminology Related Requests:

To review the process for requesting a new/and or an updating an external terminology IDENTIFIER (e.g., URL for use in FHIR), go here

To review the process for requesting new CONTENT in an external terminology (e.g., new concept in SNOMED), go here


HTA Open Tasks

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
Reuben DanielsTeleconference 2020-10-28
Reuben DanielsTeleconference 2020-10-28
  • 19-Aug-2020: Grahame's Page:Reuben Daniels  volunteered to work with Grahame, Ted, and Josh to come up with an approach to address the need for machine processing of HTA information about external code systems.
Reuben DanielsTeleconference 2020-10-28
  • 19-Aug-2020: Copyright for value sets:Reuben Daniels to raise a ticket for the creation of a field to capture external code system copyright's in the FHIR ValueSet resource in compose.include 
Reuben DanielsTeleconference 2020-10-28
Reuben DanielsTeleconference 2020-10-14
Reuben DanielsTeleconference 2020-10-14
  • 19-Aug-2020: Grahame's Page:Reuben Daniels  volunteered to work with Grahame, Ted, and Josh to come up with an approach to address the need for machine processing of HTA information about external code systems.
Reuben DanielsTeleconference 2020-10-14
  • 19-Aug-2020: Copyright for value sets:Reuben Daniels to raise a ticket for the creation of a field to capture external code system copyright's in the FHIR ValueSet resource in compose.include 
Reuben DanielsTeleconference 2020-10-14
Reuben DanielsTeleconference 2020-09-30
Reuben DanielsTeleconference 2020-09-30
  • 19-Aug-2020: Grahame's Page:Reuben Daniels  volunteered to work with Grahame, Ted, and Josh to come up with an approach to address the need for machine processing of HTA information about external code systems.
Reuben DanielsTeleconference 2020-09-30
  • 19-Aug-2020: Copyright for value sets:Reuben Daniels to raise a ticket for the creation of a field to capture external code system copyright's in the FHIR ValueSet resource in compose.include 
Reuben DanielsTeleconference 2020-09-30
Reuben DanielsTeleconference 2020-09-16
Reuben DanielsTeleconference 2020-09-16
  • 22-Jul-2020: Reuben Daniels advise the Zulip Implementer and Terminology chat about the stub for comment.
Reuben DanielsTeleconference 2020-09-16
  • 19-Aug-2020: Grahame's Page:Reuben Daniels  volunteered to work with Grahame, Ted, and Josh to come up with an approach to address the need for machine processing of HTA information about external code systems.
Reuben DanielsTeleconference 2020-09-16
  • 19-Aug-2020: Copyright for value sets:Reuben Daniels to raise a ticket for the creation of a field to capture external code system copyright's in the FHIR ValueSet resource in compose.include 
Reuben DanielsTeleconference 2020-09-16
  • 2-Aug-2020: Julie James check Jira configuration for HTA "vote" on consensus review in UTG
Julie JamesTeleconference 2020-09-16
  •  02-Sept 2020: Julie Jamesto review core princple definition of "code system", in particular its inclusion of "grammar only"/syntaxes similar to UCUM as formal code systems
Julie JamesTeleconference 2020-09-16
  • HTA to include verbiage on the LOINC External Terminology page for users to note the limitation on third party content Julie James


Julie JamesWGM (virtual) September 2020 Minutes

HTA Document Repository

  File Modified
Microsoft Word Document AHA HL7 SOU (002) KVH20200220.docx Mar 18, 2020 by Caroline Macumber

  • No labels