As an HL7 Benefactor, VHA contributes expertise and resources to promote interoperability, privacy, security and patient choice goals shared by the Agency and HL7. VHA regularly sponsors research and analysis of impactful subjects as a basis for standards development. In addition, VHA participates in demonstrations and Connectathons to exercises proposed privacy preserving standards and technologies.
- An Interoperable Architecture for Security Labeling Rules – Based on CQL and FHIR Clinical Reasoning Module, September 22, 2021.
- Security Labeling Service: Notes on Implementation (draft for comments), March 18, 2021.
- Security and Privacy Requirements for Sub-Resource Access in FHIR (draft for comments), March 9, 2020.
- Security and Privacy Issues in FHIR Subscription, December 17, 2019.
- Privacy-Aware Bulk Data Transfer Demonstration, July 10, 2019.
- Bulk Data Transfer Privacy Requirements, June 28, 2019.
- Report on Trust Framework Technical Requirements for OAuth 2.0, March 29, 2019.
- Privacy-Preserving Authorization Service, January 15, 2018.
- Cascaded Authorization Service, January 15, 2018.
- FHIR Consent Management Using UMA/OAuth 2.0, November 27, 2017.