As announced during recent Co-chair webinars, as part of the clean-up of the HL7 Product Grid, work groups and Product Management Groups are asked to review the “current state” for active, stable and retired published standards they have sponsored. The current state of standards are displayed on the HL7 Product Grid (aka. Master Grid of Standards) at http://www.hl7.org/implement/standards/product_matrix.cfm?ref=nav
A proposed current state has been assigned for most standards. The intent of the review you are being asked to do is to validate this status and identify necessary changes to that status.
To facilitate the review of the status of your standards, the following process has been defined:
- A spreadsheet of all products that need review at this time has been created and is attached to this email:
- Instructions Tab – Please review the instructions prior to starting your review
- Standards for Review Tab - For each product, the sponsoring Work Group has been assigned. In cases where the sponsoring Work Group has been disbanded, products have been assigned to the work group that assumed their standards.
- For each of your standards
- Review the “current state” in Column E for each standard owned by your Work Group
- The TSC recently approved the requirement that there will be “One active release and up to three stable releases for a single standard and all others must be retired.” If your group believes you need more than 1 active or 3 stable releases, you must appeal to the TSC providing appropriate rationale.
- If the current state is accurate, select “Yes” in Column F
- If the current state is not accurate,
- Select “No” in Column F
- In Column G, select the “Proposed New State”
- In Column H, you must include the rationale for the change
- In Column I, confirm that you have confirmed the state with the co-sponsoring work group(s)
- For your standards that include a co-sponsoring work group or work groups, review the sponsoring work group to ensure it is correct. If not, please add correct sponsoring work group in Column D.
- If your standard is not a standard, but a product (i.e. it has never been balloted) (for example, a presentation, book, etc.), please update Column F to “Product”.
We ask groups to complete this work as soon as possible, but review must be completed by October 31, 2020. The TSC will be establishing work group health measures to encourage the regular review and update of the current state of standards.