Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Facilitator:

Austin Kreisler

Date:


Minutes Approved as Presented 


This is to approve minutes via general consent. "You have received the minutes. Are there any corrections to the minutes? (pause) Hearing none, if there are no objections, the minutes are approved as printed."

Attendees:

 Click here to expand...

Agenda:

  1. Call to order 02:04 PM  
  2. Business Updates (10 min)
    1. Additions/modifications to the agenda
    2. Approve minutes from 2019-08-22 Agenda and Minutes
    3. HL7
  3. External Updates - ONC and others
  4. Project Updates
    1. Value Set Issues

    2. Consolidated CDA STU Comments
    3. Consolidated CDA STU 2019 Updates Lisa R. Nelson Brett Marquard
    4. C-CDA Companion Guide Reconciliation
      1. http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/structure/docs.cfm?
        1. 56 comments for disposition - all persuasive or persuasive with mod.
    5. Other Project Updates
  5. Additional Items
    1. Final ODH Publication Package approval
      1. http://www.hl7.org/documentcenter/public/wg/structure/ODH%20For%20publication%208-30-2019.zip
    2. C-CDA 2.1 STU Extension Request (STU expires in Nov. 2019) 
      1. C-CDA_STU_Extension_Request_20190905.docx
    3. Reminder - CDA IG Quality Criteria meeting on  (Austin Kreisler)
    4. HAI Announcement Sean McIlvenna
    5. 2019 September Atlanta Meeting
  6. US Core FHIR Trackers (second hour)
    1. STU Update Process Review
  7. FHIR Tracker Items (if time is available)
    1. Composition confidentiality #17301 Sean McIlvenna
    2. Need to add codes to the Format Code Value Set #14104 Sean McIlvenna Sheila Abner
  8. Adjournment

Notes/Minutes

Agenda:

 

  1. Call to order 02:04 PM  
  2. Business Updates (10 min)
    1. Additions/modifications to the agenda
      1. None
    2. Approve minutes from 2019-08-22 Agenda and Minutes
      1. We will meet next Thursday  
    3. HL7
      • RIM Austin Kreisler
      • Steering Division / TSC Austin Kreisler
      • CDA-MG Lisa R. Nelson Brett Marquard
        • Will meet next Wed  
        • Roadmap updates
        • How to soliday quality changes.
        • At last meeting, Yen found errors in C-CDA errata. Management group is the place to dig into those.
      • Vocab Sheila Abner
        • No updates
      • Pub facilitator Alexander Henket
        • No Alex
      • Electronic Services and Tools Andrew Statler
        • No Updates
      • Patient Care Emma Jones
        • Nothing New from Patient care.  
      • Example Task Force Brett Marquard
        • Primary vs Secondary Encounter Diagnosis (in particular contrast against "Principle").
        • Discussion item that may need to go to WGM - In C-CDA, we have Primary Diagnosis and then we have the Discharge Diagnosis. The Primary vs. Principal and how we should communicate that in the C-CDA. the Principal is reason for visit and the primary is the primary billing diagnosis. If you show up for a hernia, but then have a heart attack, the principal would be the hernia, but the heart attack would become the primary diagnosis.
          • Lisa R. Nelson Starting to look at this in the reporting EOB. The category there is the principal and secondary. Can we get some consensus on which piece is the concept that we need to write down? 
          • Austin Kreisler There are two other workgroups that have been through this. Patient Administration and Financial Management. There is a solution in the V3 RIM space. The relevant attributes have probably been modeled out. This isn't new. It's just new to C-CDA.
        • There is a template in Sarah Gaunt's guide called Primary Diagnosis. Sarah may have already gone down this path.
  3. External Updates - ONC and others
  4. Project Updates
    1. Value Set Issues

      1. None
    2. Consolidated CDA STU Comments
      1. None
    3. Consolidated CDA STU 2019 Updates Lisa R. Nelson Brett Marquard

      1. None
    4. C-CDA Companion Guide Reconciliation
      1. http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/structure/docs.cfm?
        1. 56 comments for disposition - all persuasive or persuasive with mod.

          TypeMotion
          Motion

          Motion to accept the block vote

          By
          Second
          Date

           

          Ref #
          For20
          Neg00
          Abs01
          Status

          APPROVED

          Tally20-00-01
          Discussion

          No comments to pull

          No further discussion

    5. Other Project Updates
      1. None
  5. Additional Items
    1. Final ODH Publication Package approval
      1. http://www.hl7.org/documentcenter/public/wg/structure/ODH%20For%20publication%208-30-2019.zip

        TypeMotion
        Motion

        Motion to advance this to the CDA Management Group

        By
        Second
        Date

         

        Ref #
        For21
        Neg00
        Abs00
        Status

        APPROVED

        Tally21-00-00
        Discussion

        No discussion

    2. C-CDA 2.1 STU Extension Request (STU expires in Nov. 2019) 
      1. C-CDA_STU_Extension_Request_20190905.docx

        TypeMotion
        Motion

        Motion to approve the Publication Request for Extension

        By
        Second
        Date

         

        Ref #
        For22
        Neg00
        Abs00
        Status

        APPROVED

        Tally22-00-00
        Discussion

        No Discussion

    3. Reminder - CDA IG Quality Criteria meeting on  (Austin Kreisler)
    4. HAI Announcement Sean McIlvenna
      1. Sarah is going to publish a document and will allow people to review their comments for the FHIR IG.

    5. 2019 September Atlanta Meeting
      1. Austin reviewed and updated the Agenda.
  6. US Core FHIR Trackers (second hour)
    1. STU Update Process Review
      1. Hans questions: 
        1. How to record the intent of a Negative in gForge as the Vote and Type is not available in gForge (and we are not using a spreadsheet).
        2. How the decisions will be made on final decision to accept the updates and formally publish. 
      2. Austin Kreisler The only obligation the group is under is to consider all comments. 
      3. The STU Update for US Core using GForge does not have 'negative' or 'affirmative' comments. Commenters may indicate in the narrative they believe this comment must be resolved prior to publication.
      4. Under the guidelines published by the TSC, the working group is required to consider all comments submitted. Structured Documents intends to consider all comments submitted and will follow SD decision making practices. This is more rigorous than the STU Update requirements set forth by the TSC And GOM which does not require formal dispositions to all comments.
      5. A publication request will be required prior to publication. (approval by SD, FMG, TSC).
      6. The relevant text from the GOM and guidance for STU updates is pasted below.
      7. GOVERNANCE and OPERATIONS MANUAL (GOM) excerpt:
        1. 12.02.01.05 Ballot Level
          1. The Ballot Level defines the type of Review Ballot being undertaken: Informative; STU [note: STU
          2. numbering is independent of the normative release level the product may ultimately be assigned]; or
          3. Comment-only [note: a Comment-only ballot is not typically numbered given that it is issue for a
          4. specific reason, such as reaffirmation, or as a precursor to an Informative or STU ballot].
          1. The TSC has issued specific guidance as to sub-numbering the release number for a STU update.
          2. Please refe 
        2. TypeMotion
          Motion

          Motion to approve the text of the e-mail as on the screen

          By
          Second
          Date

           

          Ref #
          For25
          Neg00
          Abs00
          Status

          APPROVED

          Tally25-00-00
          Discussion

          No further discussion

  7. FHIR Tracker Items (if time is available)
    1. Need to add codes to the Format Code Value Set #14104 Sean McIlvenna Sheila Abner 

    2. Question was raised about the transfer of ownership of DocumentReference from SD to OO

    3. This was voted on at May WGM Tuesday Q1: SD WGM May '19 Tue Q1 Minutes Host FHIR-I

      1. This was further approved by the broader OO WG more recently: HL7OO Main Call Notes August 15, 2019

    4. TypeMotion
      Motion

      Motion to accept resolution as stated 

      By
      Second
      Date

       

      Ref #14104
      For23
      Neg00
      Abs00
      Status

      APPROVED

      Tally23-00-00
      Discussion

      No further discussion

    5. Composition confidentiality #17301 Sean McIlvenna

      TypeMotion
      Motion

      Motion to accept resolution as stated

      By
      Second
      Date

       

      Ref ##17301
      For22
      Neg00
      Abs00
      Status

      APPROVED

      Tally22-00-00
      Discussion

      persuasive with mod

  8. Adjournment
    1. 03:53 PM CST

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.